• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cyclists

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cyclists

<rant>
    I'm am getting completely pi$$ed off with cyclists (young and old) who not only dress entirely in black clothing on a dark morning, but don't have any lights, in some cases not even a bloody reflector! They weave in and out of traffic, they don't stop at red lights, they wear hoods and earphones, they ride on the the pavement and they overtake on the inside, and the vast majority won't have any insurance.

If you're really lucky, they might have a pea sized strobe light on front or back but rarely both.

Yet if I knock one of these lawless f**kers off then my insurance takes a hit, my car gets damaged and I'll most probably get points on my licence.

BASTARDS!!!
    </rant>

The vegetarian option.

Cycling is the future. When the oil runs out they'll be everywhere.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I hope my mail order Winchester arrives soon, then.
      The vegetarian option.

Comment

If you can't beat them join them.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

My bike got nicked.

Comment

I now cycle to and from the office - 11 miles each way. And I regularly take baby BP on the back of the bike at weekends.

And I still think cyclists are the worst road users!

But it is great fun sailing past queues of motorists stuck in their cars while I have the joy of the open road. But I always give way to pedestrians at red lights.....

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
              Yet if I knock one of these lawless f**kers off then my insurance takes a hit, my car gets damaged and I'll most probably get points on my licence.
              Still, there'll be one less cyclist.

Every cloud and all that.

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
                I hope my mail order Winchester arrives soon, then.

"A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  Cycling is the future. When the oil runs out they'll be everywhere.
                  They'll be very squeaky as well, if the oil's run out.

Comment

In my last contract I used to cycle to and from work (around 15 miles each way), but I still think a lot of cyclists are idiots.

I regularly see people cycling down a-roads in dark clothing with no lights, no reflectors and no helments. Just a matter of time before they come a cropper tbh.

I wouldn't even consider doing that, for me reflective clothing, and a massive floodlight on the front and LED backlight to be seen was essential. Then again, I also adapted my journey so that I could cycle through Bushy Park and Richmond Park in preference to slogging through half asleep, irate drivers.
                    And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

Working...
                    X