• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Glaswegian Truckers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glaswegian Truckers

Does anyone's Client Co. resemble a room full of Glaswegian truckers ?

Current Client Co is in the centre of Glasgow but doesn't have any Glaswegian truckers in it, except one of the birds in the canteen
    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post

Current Client Co is in the centre of Glasgow but doesn't have any Glaswegian truckers in it, except one of the birds in the canteen
    I'm in Glasgow. no truckers in the office, but there is a call center nearby, the employees look one level above those from the Scheme program.

Comment

Just wondered. Cojak seemed to think that there was a possibility that someone was working in an office full of glaswegian truckers.

Just wondered who she was pointing at.

It's not you or me obviously

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post

How would we recognise a Glaswegian trucker besides the accent?
        Are we taking Rab C Nebitt look a likes?
        How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
          How would we recognise a Glaswegian trucker besides the accent?
          Are we taking Rab C Nebitt look a likes?

A bit like Rab C Nesbitt, but slightly less sophisticated

Comment

I gigged at a logistics company in Stoke a few years ago in a portacabin with a load of depot managers who had risen through the ranks of trucking. We were polishing a turd that should have been binned, but they had to continue pumping out time and money to justify to director level that they made the right choice, and the American salesguys were correct.

Best bunch of people I ever worked with!

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
              I gigged at a logistics company in Stoke a few years ago in a portacabin with a load of depot managers who had risen through the ranks of trucking. We were polishing a turd that should have been binned, but they had to continue pumping out time and money to justify to director level that they made the right choice, and the American salesguys were correct.

Best bunch of people I ever worked with!
              How many Bobs do you have on site in sunny Bradfordistan?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                How many Bobs do you have on site in sunny Bradfordistan?
                That's the next town along from Halalifax, isn't it ??

Comment

Working...
                X