• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bronson

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bronson

I watched the film about Charles Bronson, Britains most difficult prisoner, or whatever title of many he has the other day and thought it was a really good watch so had a look around the web. He is a pretty colourful character it seems but the term used to describe the file is 'based pretty loosely on this life'.

Has anyone read his books, are they as interesting as the film or when they say 'loosely' do they mean hyped up beyond all recognition?

Is an interest in Bronson a warning sign for possible future psychotic behaviour? Is it?? Huh?? Come on!!! Tell me you facking cants!!!!
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    I watched the film about Charles Bronson, Britains most difficult prisoner, or whatever title of many he has the other day and thought it was a really good watch so had a look around the web. He is a pretty colourful character it seems but the term used to describe the file is 'based pretty loosely on this life'.

Has anyone read his books, are they as interesting as the film or when they say 'loosely' do they mean hyped up beyond all recognition?

Is an interest in Bronson a warning sign for possible future psychotic behaviour? Is it?? Huh?? Come on!!! Tell me you facking cants!!!!
    I read his Good Prison Guide a couple of years ago. In it he gives an A-Z rating of every prison he's been in over the years (since he's done more porridge than Goldilocks, that's quite a few), all the things he's got up to inside and top tips like how to stay fit in solitary and how keep your hooch hidden from the screws.

Quite dark in places - especially his recollections of being in Broadmoor and Wakefield (Monster Mansion) as well as his encounters with some notorious killers like Fred West.

Comment

I read the book a while back and seem to recollect the film missing out loads of the juicy bits from the book, and felt a bit disappointed after the film finished. I'd probably watch it again now having forgotten most of the book and think it was great...

Comment

He's named after the other famous Charlie.

Chaplin.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Sounds like a real tough nut, with most of his crimes being against prisoners and staff. I assume Fred West would have emerged from an encounter with Bronson rather limp? Shame he didn't put his energy into cage fighting or something useful, rather than just bare knuckle fighting. With aggression like that and the physical prowess to go with it, you'd have to have a pretty disciplined mind to keep yourself out of trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
            Sounds like a real tough nut, with most of his crimes being against prisoners and staff. I assume Fred West would have emerged from an encounter with Bronson rather limp? Shame he didn't put his energy into cage fighting or something useful, rather than just bare knuckle fighting. With aggression like that and the physical prowess to go with it, you'd have to have a pretty disciplined mind to keep yourself out of trouble.
            I'd have had him. Beardy pussy.

(He's still locked up right?)
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I just watched 'Peter: Portrait of a Serial Killer" about Peter Sutcliffe. It's 'different' - more about his mental state and attitudes than a proper diurnal story, I found it really good, some of his attitudes about classes of women mirror some opinions held here....

I was further encouraged to watch it after the Yanks slagged it off as crap. No car chases see...

Worth a watch even if it turns out not be your cup of tea, it's a change from the usual stuff...

Here's the trailer;

Comment

Born in Wales too. We're hard here we are....
                Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                  Born in Wales too. We're hard here we are....
                  I believe he wasn't very clever either....
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X