• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

80 will be the new retirement age

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

80 will be the new retirement age

Who's looking forward to a long working lfe?

Wells Fargo Says 80 May Be the New 65 for Retirees - Bloomberg
    I'm alright Jack

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post

Good luck implementing that law in Greenock.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Good luck finding a job when you are 79 and have alzheimer's, etc, unless you work in the public sector.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post

Good luck implementing that law in Greenock.
        That'll be great - No pensions to pay at all, because if Scottish diets are as bad as they say then everyone there be long since dead by the time they would have reached 80
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Many will effectively retire by 50, on bennies. I hope that the current 1 million unemployed youth find work - otherwise they may have retired before they even started!
          Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

And what is wrong with that? When state pension was first introduced only about 40% got to see any money. 80 would be about right now. Soon it will be 90.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
              No pensions to pay at all, dead by the time they would have reached 80
              That's probably the plan. Keep raising it so less people are likely to live to retirement so they don't have to worry about finding the shortfall.

If someone dies before retirement age, or early into retirement does their state pension get inherited via probate or is it lost to the state?
              Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
              Feist - I Feel It All
              Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Me actually. Couldn't stand doing nowt...

Comment

I'm gradually building up the music "career", wouldn't mind spending my evenings playing in the pubs.
                  Play rythm guitar in Shadows tribute bands or something. Plenty of "old fogey" Shadows trubute bands.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                    Are you seriously asking that question?

I'm an optimist. I'm sure the government wouldn't just steal all those contributions.
                    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                    Feist - I Feel It All
                    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Working...
                    X