• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

boomed to bananas!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

boomed to bananas!

My client asked me to stay until the end of the year and probably a few months after that!

But it was getting a bit chilly, so I decided to quit and go to a tropical paradise instead!

As a contractor I work to live, not vice-versa.
    Last edited by darrenb; 17 November 2011, 12:26.
    Der going over der to get der der's.

Less than 4 weeks until I'm off to the sun.

Have an uneasy feeling I will not find anything when I get back, is it just me?
    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by darrenb View Post
      But it was getting a bit chilly, so I decided to quit and go to a tropical paradise instead.
      Nice work that man.

Where are you going?

I finish mid-Dec. and am then heading off myself. Central or South America most likely, until early March.

Comment

Originally posted by TinTrump View Post
        Nice work that man.

Where are you going?

I finish mid-Dec. and am then heading off myself. Central or South America most likely, until early March.
        Heading to Egypt, Thailand and Goa.

Are you worried about the market when you get back?
        Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
          Less than 4 weeks until I'm off to the sun.

I think that is just you. If you know what you are doing I think the work is there. May not be 5-10 possible gigs a day on the job boards granted but they are still there.

Go relax, keep the PMA head on, bag yourself a gig once you get back and give us your boomed news.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Nope, but I think contractors would be in a much better situation if they didn't let themselves be hustled by all the fearmongering that goes on.

Comment

Originally posted by TinTrump View Post
              Nice work that man.

Where are you going?
              I cannot find the correct smiley in the list.

Comment

Originally posted by darrenb View Post
                My client asked me to stay until the end of the year and probably a few months after that!

But it was getting a bit chilly, so I decided to quit and go to a tropical paradise instead!

As a contractor I work to live, not vice-versa.
                Aw, you could have offered the gig to your good buddies on CUK first Might have got a subbie to pay for your cocktails.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Heading to Egypt, Thailand and Goa.

Are you worried about the market when you get back?
                  I seem to recall from one of your posts you've got a pad in Sharm.
                  I've been to Egypt & India but not Thailand; it sounds a great place for the winter.

I agree with NLUK. There won't be a complete dearth of roles; somthing always comes along. If a really juicy contract came up next month I'd do it as I've not booked a flight yet but I'm not actively looking. Got some software to study, in between spells in the sea & the bar, to keep the brain active.

Comment

Damn you you singletons without any kids!!!

Pretty much all of my income goes to funding the family, and I have no friends who are adventurous enough to want to go on any holidays (read: they're too whipped into place by their wives). I would love to visit places like Petra for example.

Comment

Working...
                    X