• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cameron to be eaten for breakfast?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cameron to be eaten for breakfast?

BBC News - Eurozone crisis to dominate Cameron talks with Merkel

I reckon Merkel will chew him up and spit him out.

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    BBC News - Eurozone crisis to dominate Cameron talks with Merkel

I reckon Merkel will chew him up and spit him out.
    She has already changed the prime minister of Greece and Italy. I reckon she will now install Clegg as PM as he seems prepared to suck up to Europe(well his UK career is over so a job in Brussels is all that is left for him).

My Father and Grandfathers fought to stop Germany running the world - and a few relatives have died for it.

Still I suppose we have sent Sasguru to Germany - that should wreck their industry for a few years.

Comment

Just threaten to hold a referendum on anything Frauline Merkel wants Britain to agree with that he doesn't like.

The problem with the Greek blackmail attempt is that they were holding a 7-high at best - and everyone knew it. Unlike Greece, we can (just) afford to tell them to get stuffed.

Britain is the only other net contributor to the EU - without our dosh, the EU (not just the Eurozone) could fall apart. Time to start flexing our muscles.

Cameron - time to man the tulip up.

Comment

Attractive features of Europe do seem more stick than carrot oriented for the UK - join more tightly or else.

On the other hand it could be argued that we want to enjoy all the benefits (i.e. not being soundly thrashed by a EU stick) without the commitment. Therefore Germany is the woman and the UK is the man in this polygamous marriage proposal.

Comment

Wonder how much was spent on Libya. Yet we are unwilling to help our closest neighbours, and in the future when the Uk is in trouble and is looking to Europe? They will tell us where to go.

Comment

Go on Dave, mention the war.
            Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

I'm hoping they keep Cameron and we get Merkel.

Comment

The trouble is in the UK the problem is UK banks have run out of money and so there's no credit available for UK businesses, also UK consumers are indebted up to their eye balls anyway. At the moment credit is absolutely no problem in the Eurozone, and most private Eurozone citizens have plenty to spend. If Cameron sticks two fingers up and the Eurozone bond market collapses then credit will dry up in the Eurozone as well. In other words Cameron's hand is a lot weaker than you might think.
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                  The trouble is in the UK the problem is UK banks have run out of money and so there's no credit available for UK businesses, also UK consumers are indebted up to their eye balls anyway. At the moment credit is absolutely no problem in the Eurozone, and most private Eurozone citizens have plenty to spend. If Cameron sticks two fingers up and the Eurozone bond market collapses then credit will dry up in the Eurozone as well. In other words Cameron's hand is a lot weaker than you might think.
                  Correct me if i am wrong but surely thats the fooking problem

Comment

Is it reasonable to say that the Germans have managed to achieve what Hitler failed to? Before long the Germans will be controlling the economies of Europe without having any democratic mandate. so when the French, the Greeks, The Italians refuse to pay higher taxes to support German spending targets will the storm troopers march into Athens, Paris and Madrid?

At least the British armed services have been busy practising for war over the past 60 years.
                    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Working...
                    X