• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reflecting on German culture ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reflecting on German culture ...

Generally I like the Germans, they are good employees: straightforward and direct, if they say they'll do something they will.
    But thinking about what's happening in Europe now and how the Germans have behaved in the past, they have a fatal flaw: a lack of spontaneity, of changinging direction or deviating from a plan.
    Look at the 2nd world war: they carried on to the bitter end even when all was lost even though they could have saved millions of their own lives.
    Or look at the Euro crisis: they have this idea of how the Euro must be run and they are not changing their mind as events change. Its obvious for example that the ECB must buy Italian and Spanish bonds in large numbers (i.e. QE) rather than piecemeal, to give those countries breathing time. But no they ain't going to do that. And thereby will cut off their nose to spite their face.

The thing is, as Asian investors and others are judging, Germany is between a rock and a hard place: come out of the Euro and watch exports fall as the DM appreciates or stay in and one way or another bail out the PIIGS.
    The least worst option is if they let the ECB be the bank of last resort and accept some inflation.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Your 3rd Geman thread in an hour.

I miss AtW. I mean, the guy spouted bollox but at least there was variety.

You used to be better than this.

Shame really.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
      Your 3rd Geman thread in an hour.

I miss AtW. I mean, the guy spouted bollox but at least there was variety.

You used to be better than this.

Shame really.
      I've just spent 2 days there. Plus its topical given the news. What's the problem?
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Its obvious for example that the ECB must buy Italian and Spanish bonds in large numbers (i.e. QE) rather than piecemeal, to give those countries breathing time
        Mervyn King thinks they are doing the right thing:

Sir Mervyn King: ECB is right not to bail out eurozone - Telegraph
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Sas did some German screw your wife?

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
            Mervyn King thinks they are doing the right thing:

Sir Mervyn King: ECB is right not to bail out eurozone - Telegraph
            Merv the Swerve is hedging his bets. He'll want a directorship at the ECB soon. Cebntral bankers are a clique who scratch each others backs.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
              No but your wife told me the other day she's also screwing one.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                The thing is, as Asian investors and others are judging, Germany is between a rock and a hard place: come out of the Euro and watch exports fall as the DM appreciates or stay in and one way or another bail out the PIIGS.
                The least worst option is if they let the ECB be the bank of last resort and accept some inflation.
                The will never accept the least worst option - come 2012 the eurozone will split into 2.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  changinging

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
                    Oi I resent that remark young man!

Comment

Working...
                    X