• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Frida Poetry Corner

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frida Poetry Corner

... coming up ... yeah this one ....

Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
    Because their words had forked no lightning they
    Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
    Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
    And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,

Do not go gentle into that good night.

Grave men, near death,
    who see with blinding sight Blind eyes could blaze like meteors
    And you, my father, there on the sad height,
    Curse, bless, me now with your fierce tears,
    I pray Do not go gentle into that good night.

Dylan Thomas
    Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 18 November 2011, 12:01.

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
    Merkel, who said earlier this week that the eurozone crisis showed the need to create a political union in Europe, is pressing fellow EU leaders to agree to a narrow and quick revision of the Lisbon treaty. This is designed to place tougher fiscal rules for the eurozone on a legal footing
    Which they should have been all along. Then the Greeks could be getting sued as well as shafted.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
      Which they should have been all along. Then the Greeks could be getting sued as well as shafted.
      Aye Doodab - byt the way sorrry abou this - I realised that somebody has starrted the thread Cameron for Breakfast - so to avoud a duplicate thread I renaemd this to the FPC thread- - oh well its all relative I suppose.

VOTE for NatWest - investing for a Better Future
      Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 18 November 2011, 12:18.

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
        Is this like (doo)dab radio, when you're relaxing listening to a poetry recital and all of a sudden a snatch of The World Today blurts out, bringing one back to Earth with a bump?
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
        X