• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Astra or Insignia…..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Astra or Insignia…..

I can get a Vauxhall Partners discount of 8% off the list price, and interest free finance for 5 years, meaning around £200 over 60 months after I trade in what is left of my Focus.

Prices between new diesel Astra and diesel Insignia are very similar.

However, fuel economy on the Insignia looks pretty pathetic.

Anyone got any recent Vauxhall experience? Especially which of the diesel engines look decent? Mainly motorway driving. 35K per year.It is a heck of a lot cheaper than renting a car, and I don’t fancy the second hand pot luck……

oh dear

u got to 3rd base with that bird yet ?

or are you both still texting ?

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
      Anyone got any recent Vauxhall experience?
      No, this is a contractors' site.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Anyone got any recent Vauxhall experience?

Yes. In my experience why buy new when you can get a 3 year old one with average miles for under £5k. Buying new is a hell of a price to pay for peace of mind with the warranty.

On second thoughts buying new is great. Everyone should do it.

Then there's more choice for us tightwads that prefer to avoid massive depreciation.
        Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
        Feist - I Feel It All
        Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

I had an Insignia on hire and it was fooking shiite......

Had to change down on the M4 in South Wales, I think it was a 1.3.......

Comment

I can get a Vauxhall Partners discount of 8% off the list price, and interest free finance for 5 years, meaning around £200 over 60 months after I trade in what is left of my Focus.

Prices between new diesel Astra and diesel Insignia are very similar.

However, fuel economy on the Insignia looks pretty pathetic.

Anyone got any recent Vauxhall experience? Especially which of the diesel engines look decent? Mainly motorway driving. 35K per year.It is a heck of a lot cheaper than renting a car, and I don’t fancy the second hand pot luck……
            At that mileage, over that length of time for that amount its not worth it. Infact there is a chance it'll give up completely and be out of warranty before you've even finished paying it off.
            35k miles per year will be 175,000 after 5 years and you'll be £12,000 worse off. Even if the car does survive, you be lucky to get a couple of hundred for it

Whats wrong with keeping the focus?
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

Permie's cars. Avoid.

Next...
              World's Best Martini

Comment

I had an Insignia as a hire car a few months ago, and whilst the interior impressed me, and niceties like automatically putting the lights on when it goes dark, I still couldn't get around the fact that it was so asthmatic to the point where I though there was a problem with it...

Comment

1.7 and 1.9 CDTI (built by IZUZU) good, rest of the car bad, for that kind of mileage you would be better sticking with another focus far better

Comment

Astra Hatch 1.7cdti 125ps se ecoflex £21,719

Insignia Hatch 2.0cdti 130 exclusive ecoflex £21,729

Insignia costs 2p more per mile to run.

Can you afford that?

Comment

Working...
                    X