• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

This weeks Transpennine Express balls up is...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This weeks Transpennine Express balls up is...

a complete inability to join 2 trains together and then give a proper announcement as to which half is going where
    Coffee's for closers

only good thing is that being a friday there is a huge amount of student totty hanging round the station
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
      a complete inability to join 2 trains together and then give a proper announcement as to which half is going where
      If they were supposed to be joined, wouldn't they both be going to the same destination?

Just askin' like.
      The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
        If they were supposed to be joined, wouldn't they both be going to the same destination?

Just askin' like.
        they decided that the front half would do everything but the next station and the back half would.only go to the next station. when they made the announcement though they missed off my station, which is the next but one
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

only good thing is that being a friday there is a huge amount of student totty hanging round the station
          It was like this your honour. I had given my seat up to a female student who looked like she had been studying very hard and was very very tired. I was stretching my back with my hands behind my back as I had been sat at a desk all week, and I was red in the face and sweating because of said exercise when all of a sudden there was a terrible shunt when they tried to join the two trains together(it happens a lot). This caused me to lurch forward at some speed and accidently stick my groin in the face of said young tired student, my hands in a position behind my head meant I could not grab on quick enough to a rail. I had not realised that the zip on my trousers had broken though and will be having a very strong word with Marks & Spencers.

Anyway that's what happened m'lud.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

On a train up north now, was very busy earlier and staff were constantly making announcements "train fully-booked, pls move your luggage off seats". One guy was hanging in there with his laptop and work stuff on the seat next to him for half an hour, other passengers thought there must be someone in the seat.

From nowhere, a blonde English rose student rose type appeared, pale flushed cheeks and flowing locks. I have never seen someone whip their laptop away so quickly and then ask her if she had enough room as she sat down. Is this normal male behaviour?

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post

Just askin' like.
              Not in the quantum world,
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Do the kids still take pot shots at the train with air rifles as you pass through East Manchester? Or have they upgraded their weaponry recently? Happy days.

Comment

Working...
                X