• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The UK in turn owes hundreds of billions to Germany and Spain.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The UK in turn owes hundreds of billions to Germany and Spain.

Now I'm really confused I thought it was the other way round.

BBC News - Eurozone debt web: Who owes what to whom?

The UK has very large amounts of overseas debt, of which the biggest component is the banking industry. The high debt to GDP ratio is explained by the UK's active financial sector, where there is a great deal of capital movement.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

WGAS?
    You need to get a life and some mates, it's the fooking weekend for chrissakes.
    You're definitely the saddest, loneliest fooker on CUK.
    And I'm guessing you have no middle class resources like a fondness for books or the arts which might help you cope with your lack of friends.
    I'm off to the pub to meet my mates now
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      WGAS?
      And I'm guessing you have no middle class resources like a fondness for books or the arts which might help you cope with your lack of friends.
      You wouldn't catch me posting on CUK on a Saturday evening...

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
        You wouldn't catch me posting on CUK on a Saturday evening...
        It beats working the streets. It's freezing out here, but Christmas won't pay for itself.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
          It beats working the streets. It's freezing out here, but Christmas won't pay for itself.
          Met Pacha yet?

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            WGAS?
            That'll be your 'special mates'. The ones no one else can see ?
            When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Met Pacha yet?
              Can't meet the unusual but very specific contract terms. Had a vindaloo last night and normally it leaves me with a terrible tummy for a couple of days - he says he likes the extra lubrication. Today, though, I'm right as rain so he cancelled and is threatening to take me to court for unliquidated damages. I asked the old man where I stand but he told me to use the search function in the top righthand side of the page.

Comment

Oxo cubes. Ouch.

Comment

Oxo cubes. Ouch.
                  You listen to me dearie. Next time a punter says he wants to take you round the back of the service station, you want to run a mile.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    Now I'm really confused I thought it was the other way round.

BBC News - Eurozone debt web: Who owes what to whom?
                    I've looked at that link a few times now but still don't understand how global finance works.

If 'A' owes 'B' £10 and 'B' owes 'A' £9 then it stands to reason that 'A' really owes 'B' £1 no?

I can't be the only one thinking this??
                    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
                    X