• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What would EU fans have said a few years ago...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What would EU fans have said a few years ago...

...if eurosceptics had predicted that the EU would start installing unelected governments into its member states?
    Last edited by Doggy Styles; 20 November 2011, 09:52.

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    ...if eurosceptics had predicted that the EU would start installing unelected governments into its member states?
    Name one
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
      Don't forget the UK has an unelected head of state ie the queen.
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
        Don't forget the UK has an unelected head of state ie the queen.
        and an unelected PM.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          and an unelected PM.
          Who? You mean the one who led the party that got the most votes in the general election? Funny definition of "unelected".
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
            Who? You mean the one who led the party that got the most votes in the general election? Funny definition of "unelected".
            Who voted for Gordon?
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Who voted for Gordon?
              Yes, but you responded to a point which contained the verb "has" not "had"

Comment

and an unelected PM.
                Who voted for Gordon?
                The UK has never had an elected PM, you elect a party to govern not a PM! The party elects its leader who is installed as the PM
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                  The UK has never had an elected PM, you elect a party to govern not a PM! The party elects its leader who is installed as the PM
                  True but I suspect the majority of the country may not agree.

Comment

True but I suspect the majority of the country may not agree.
                    If they don't understand the political process I would suggest learning about it rather than arguing an incorrect point of view which just goes to add fuel to the idea that people are too stupid to be trusted with the responsibilities
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                    X