• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Europe to go down in a matter of days

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Europe to go down in a matter of days

Linky

"Time is running out fast. I think we have maybe a few months -- it could be weeks, it could be days -- before there is a material risk of a fundamentally unnecessary default by a country like Spain or Italy which would be a financial catastrophe dragging the European banking system and North America with it. So they have to act now."

"The only two guns in town, one is only theoretical, and that is increasing the size of the EFSF to 3 trillion. It should happen but it can't for political reasons. The other one, the only remaining share is the ECB. They may have to hold their noses while they do it, and if they don't do it, it's the end of the euro zone."

Read more: MUST-READ: Citi's Willem Buiter Says Europe Could Just Have Days Before A Financial Catastrophe
    But of course ze Germans want the euro to collapse. They want to create "more europe not less europe". What does this mean? European super state. With the ability not only to dictate fiscal policy but also to take countries into receivership and run them. The end of sovereignty. The end of what little democracy remains.

And it looks like Goldmans has all their chess pieces in the right place on the board

"Nervous investors around the globe are accelerating their exit from the debt of European governments and banks, increasing the risk of a credit squeeze that could set off a downward spiral. Financial institutions are dumping their vast holdings of European government debt and spurning new bond issues by countries like Spain and Italy.
    Is this setting familiar to anyone? It should be: "Experts say the cycle of anxiety, forced selling and surging borrowing costs is reminiscent of the months before the collapse of Lehman Brothers in 2008, when worries about subprime mortgages in the United States metastasized into a global market crisis."

Ah, but there is one major difference: last time around, the banks were not all in on the wrong side of the world's worst poker hand (as described by Kyle Bass earlier). Now they are. And should Europe's banks begin a domino-like spiral of collapse, there will be nobody to bail out first Europe, then Japan, then China, then the US and finally the world.

But lest someone suggest this is merely the deranged ramblings of yet another blogger, here is Goldman Sachs with a far more cool, calm and collected explanation for why we should all panic (which comes at the sublime moment: just as Goldman takes over all the key political locus points of the European continent)
    Simply to create order out of chaos you need chaos.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

I told you not to buy those Euro Christmas crackers while you were in Brussells. The jokes are rubbish.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      I told you not to buy those Euro Christmas crackers while you were in Brussells. The jokes are rubbish.
      Snow joke, we're all doomed

Comment

Bet this guy has a huge short position on the Euro, he's getting angry because he though the would be in Barbados by now with his 3 new 19 year old bitches.

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
          Bet this guy has a huge short position on the Euro, he's getting angry because he though the would be in Barbados by now with his 3 new 19 year old bitches.

EVERYONE IS SHORT THE EURO

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post

EVERYONE IS SHORT THE EURO

HTH
            Think you need to learn about Market Micro structure. If everyone was short the Euro what do you think would happen to the EurUsd rate? Which is now higher than it was in October.

When someone sells euro, someone else is buying it you complete and utter moron.

Last edited by russell; 20 November 2011, 15:00.

Comment

Think you need to learn about Market Micro structure. If everyone was short the Euro what do you think would happen to the EurUsd rate? Which is now higher than it was in October.

When someone sells euro, someone else is buying it you complete and utter moron.

You make me larf

Read up on short selling before commenting further please

I think you'll find all the big players are short the euro (which is what I meant by everyone, as in everyone who is anyone)

Goldmans have the largest short position on the euro in the world, which tells you what?

<taps foot waiting for response

Mmmmm?

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                You make me larf

Read up on short selling before commenting further please

I think you'll find all the big players are short the euro (which is what I meant by everyone, as in everyone who is anyone)

Goldmans have the largest short position on the euro in the world, which tells you what?

<taps foot waiting for response

Mmmmm?
                So Everyone means a few Investment banks?
                Yeah Suity the Investment banks get it right everytime, I mean they have never lost money or run into trouble.

Words cannot describe how clueless you are, maybe you should stick to threads about having the sniffles.

Comment

So Everyone means a few Investment banks?
                  Yeah Suity the Investment banks get it right everytime, I mean they have never lost money or run into trouble.

Words cannot describe how clueless you are, maybe you should stick to threads about having the sniffles.

Given the might of Goldmans and Wall Street, it IS everyone. This has to be a wind up Rustle? Even you aren't this clueless, Shirley?

Comment

The city has been listening to bankers for years and look where it got us.

Yet a banker emerges from the rubble they have created proclaiming tales of the future, no doubt designed to fill their pockets.
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                    X