• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

FYI: Another HMRC computer glitch (PAYE this time)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FYI: Another HMRC computer glitch (PAYE this time)

Last week HMRC sent out incorrect PAYE overdue notices for the period 1-3 2011/2012.

If you've received one call them before paying up.

Thought you might like to know...
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Last week HMRC sent out incorrect PAYE overdue notices for the period 1-3 2011/2012.

I got one, sent it to my accountant and he said I owed some money so I paid it???? WTF

Comment

Oh Dear,

I always call HMRC first (I'll bet your account didn't check before he gave you that advice, did he?).

The nice lady on the phone told me that I was the 2nd caller in a row with this issue (not long after they'd opened up for business). She checked with her colleagues who had also received these calls.

She confirmed that I didn't owe anything and told me she was escalating it to her supervisor.
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I've seen a few of these today.

Also, HMRC are now sending out penalty notices for missed P11D submission. If a nil P11D was filed before the due date HMRC systems had issues in processing it (we were made aware at the time and wrote letters to back up most nil submissions but some slip through the net) and a penalty may therefore be issued in error. It's just a case of appealing it, so let your accountant know if you receive one rather than just paying it.
        ContractorUK Best Forum Adviser 2013

Comment

Well I received a demand and after checking my records, realised they were right.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post

Ive had either three or four of these demands. They are non specific, IE dont tell you how much they are chasing. I dont pay salary above the limits so I know I owe nothing. Each time my accountant calls to tell them nothing owed. A few weeks later I get another one saying, "we havent heard from you, dont bury your head in the sand"

Its a bit pathetic of them really.

Comment

Working...
            X