• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Christmas is ruined

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christmas is ruined

The Daily Mash - Elderly parents reveal plan to buy tulip computer

You can help us set it up. You know all about that sort of thing.

It'll be fun.
    All too true.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Ha, you can fix typos in thread titles.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Even more true for us in IT, every time I visit family they greet me with the task of fixing their computers.

Comment

My mum bought be a T-shirt that says "No, I won't fix your computer" in Courier Bold.

It just means that when they ring, I get asked whether I'm wearing it before being asked how to program the video recorder, to to explain to my dad how his phone works.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Why do people always imagine that if you are "into computers" you know absolutely everything about everything? Sister keeps asking me what laptop to buy, although as far as I can see she has no real use for a new one. Why would I know, when I haven't brought one myself for 5 years? She must think I spend my time reading up on all the latest models as they come out just for the fun of it.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
            Why do people always imagine that if you are "into computers" you know absolutely everything about everything? Sister keeps asking me what laptop to buy, although as far as I can see she has no real use for a new one. Why would I know, when I haven't brought one myself for 5 years? She must think I spend my time reading up on all the latest models as they come out just for the fun of it.
            +1 (apart from having bought one last year)

I also keep getting asked about which mobile phone to get, and on what tariff...

Last year, my brother gave my parents money towards buying an HD freeview box with recorder - and told them that "no doubt TF will have an idea about what's a good one..." WTF?!?!?! I'm on Virgin, who haven't discovered the north east yet!!!!!
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

As a young electronics engineer in radar and computing, I was never believed by my mum and sisters when I said "No, I can't fix the tele." They always thought I was swinging the lead.

Mind you my sisters got their own back when they said "No you can't have a shag."

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post

Mind you my sisters got their own back when they said "No you can't have a shag."
                Ehhh?

Comment

WHS ^^

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
                    WHS ^^
                    You never lived in Norfolk?

Comment

Working...
                    X