• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

We should welcome austerity - it's good for the soul

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We should welcome austerity - it's good for the soul

Let's put it in perspective, its not like the Blitz, wartime or even probably as bad as post war rationing.
    And since people survived those, some austerity will be good: focus more on work, family and friends and less on consumerism.
    But then I've never found it hard to live within my means as I am not very materialistic and have lived on £50 a week in the past when I had to.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Let's put it in perspective, its not like the Blitz, wartime or even probably as bad as post war rationing.
    And since people survived those, some austerity will be good: focus more on work, family and friends and less on consumerism.
    But then I've never found it hard to live within my means as I am not very materialistic and have lived on £50 a week in the past when I had to.
    That's a lot of pocket money, your parents must have been quite well off.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

We might as well welcome it as we have no choice.

Comment

Seconded.

Comment

have lived on £50 a week in the past when I had to.
          £50 was quite a lot back then when most workmen were being paid 3 shillings a day
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

We are all in it together! Except the bankers.

Comment

I have lived on £50 a week in the past when I had to.
              Was that all you earned as a rent boy?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Was that all you earned as a rent boy?
                That, and a lot of tips.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

I agree with you, and have always lived within my means too, knowing precisely what is coming in and going out financially. I find it difficult to understand people who get themselves into spiralling debt but then I have never known it any other way I suppose.
                  It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Originally posted by MrRobin View Post
                    I agree with you, and have always lived within my means too, knowing precisely what is coming in and going out financially. I find it difficult to understand people who get themselves into spiralling debt but then I have never known it any other way I suppose.
                    Thats because, some people, or so I've heard, actually earn a bit less than £500 a day.
                    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Working...
                    X