• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Swindon

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swindon

I have had a 6 moth contract offered in Swindon starting in January and was wondering if anybody could give me some informations on this town and its environs.

I have been considering buying a caravan and living in that with a view to selling it at the end of the contract because the prices of accomodations seem to be a little bit dear and I don't really want to stay in B&B.

I was wondering perhaps if there was anyone who rents rooms for a good price?

Also, things to do in general as I will sometimes be there at weekends. Are there any nice parks and places to go walking?

Ok this is a promising start. Keep it up, Dim.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post

Ok this is a promising start. Keep it up, Dim.

Comment

Try the 'Retarded Crustacean' kebab store for an experience you'll never forget!
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

The lights in the room dimmed as the talk turned to Swindon ...

Comment

Originally posted by Hill Station Murthy View Post
            I have had a 6 moth contract offered in Swindon starting in January and was wondering if anybody could give me some informations on this town and its environs.

I have been considering buying a caravan and living in that with a view to selling it at the end of the contract because the prices of accomodations seem to be a little bit dear and I don't really want to stay in B&B.

Also, things to do in general as I will sometimes be there at weekends. Are there any nice parks and places to go walking?
            Are you a Romanian?
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
              Are you a Romanian?
              Why would he be a Romanian with a name like Hill Station Murthy?
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Hill Station Murthy View Post

Oh come on. It takes more than a few incorrect plurals to sound plausible.

2/10. Must try harder.
                The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                  Are you a Romanian?
                  No sir.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    Why would he be a Romanian with a name like Hill Station Murthy?
                    He likes caravans?
                    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Working...
                    X