• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh Dear: Who needs science ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh Dear: Who needs science ?

More university science courses likely to closes

Milan.

Media Studies is where all the action is these days. Anyway, these scientists, eh, what do they know?

Comment

That's what happens when a Scientist dares to disagree with a government department...

It won't happen again...

Comment

From the article:

Sir Howard Newby, chief executive of the Higher Education Funding Council for England (Hefce), warned against getting into a "moral panic" when a university physics or chemistry department was threatened with closure, saying they were "19th-century" disciplines.
        :rollin

Comment

Plenty of people do without Science. Take Chico for example.

Comment

I think Science will win Big Brother

Comment

saying they were "19th-century" disciplines
              This is indeed a dark day. First you aren't allowed to enjoy the stash of 70s Penthouse mags you inherited from your mate's father during a camping expedition in 1990 because the nation has no common sense and is in a moral panic, and then some plank with a position of responsibility announces that science is 19th century.

Hell in a hand-basket, hell in a hand-basket.

Comment

This does not bode well for the youth of today does it? They are undereducated now without losing vital science subjects from the curricullum. Someone was saying the other day that at English A' Level now you are NOT marked down for bad spelling

Comment

This is excellent news for all those working in maths related jobs

Comment

I agree

Agree with Numpty. It only makes me want to deepen my already technical education. In the coming years we will form an elite priesthood dispensing wisdom to the masses

Comment

Working...
                    X