• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bought a new toy today

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bought a new toy today

USB Touchscreen Wireless Weather Forecaster

Fom Maplin (I know, I know), but it got good reviews and seems to do the job and I'm fascinated by weather anyways meteorology being a required subject for a pilot's license.

Got the sensor array mounted on the roof clear of obstructions, so far so good. The touchscreen unit connects to the PC to dump data which formats very nicely in an Excel spreadsheet.

So, any easy way to get this data to show on a website? My site already uses MySQL so it would be nice to integrate it in some way.

Advice, suggestions and abuse welcome as always...

Last edited by Cliphead; 22 November 2011, 16:15.
    Me, me, me...

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    USB Touchscreen Wireless Weather Forecaster

Fom Maplin (I know, I know), but it got good reviews and seems to do the job and I'm fascinated by weather anyways meteorology being a required subject for a pilot's license.

Got the sensor array mounted on the roof clear of obstructions, so far so good. The touchscreen unit connects to the PC to dump data which formats very nicely in an Excel spreadsheet.

So, any easy way to get this data to show on a website? My site already uses MySQL so it would be nice to integrate it in some way.

Advice, suggestions and abuse welcome as always...
    lol. this is totally weird.

we got a radio weather station a couple of years ago, just for the gadget angle.

now, when people come around, we cant get them off of it.

they would rather watch the weather stats than the film on sky.

totally weird

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
      lol. this is totally weird.

we got a radio weather station a couple of years ago, just for the gadget angle.

now, when people come around, we cant get them off of it.

they would rather watch the weather stats than the film on sky.

totally weird

Just after I posted I was back looking at the Maplin site and someone had suggested free software from here called Cumulus. I just installed it and it connected just fine to the station. It seems to have many more features than the stock software and can upload to the internet, need to explore this further.
      Me, me, me...

Comment

This seems to be a very popular way, needs some coding though have a bit of a look on the forums.

WSDL Weather Shield for Arduino
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

This seems to be the best software around

Weather Display - the Weather Station software
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Cool! I've always wanted to play with an anemometer. Slippery slope to buying a wind turbine though.

Comment

Sorted

Needs Silverlight though.

Live weather
              Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                This seems to be the best software around

Weather Display - the Weather Station software
                That looks very good, I'll check it out.
                Me, me, me...

Comment

Just finished this but more to add;

Linky
                  Me, me, me...

Comment

Looks good!
                    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
                    X