• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Program on Turing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Program on Turing

Not bad although the inevitable dramatisation did annoy.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Hope Flowers got a mention, because arguably his creation was the first 'proper' electronic computer. Also, it seems a remarkably 'fortunate' that he ended up at Bletchely, because apparently he was the only person in the world at the time that could have done what he did, allegedly. I mention this because Turin is usually regarded as the father (or mother) of computing.

Tommy Flowers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Comment

I've Sky+ it, so don't spoil it for me
      "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

Talking about over dramatisation, "Bronson" was repeated again yesterday. Couldn't watch it. Way too much carp.

Comment

Who needs tv I've got weather stats to look at
          Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
            Who needs tv I've got weather stats to look at
            Rain gauges and shovels! Howard Molson's got a Spear and Jackson No.2!

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              I went to Bletchley park last Sunday - kids loved it. But I was not aware there was a program on - could someone tell me which channel it was on? Is it possiblefor the kids to watch it online?

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                C4, 21:00 Monday 21st November 2011.

No doubt available on line by now.

It's a drama documentary, by the way.
                Many thanks - looks like its available online.

Comment

was only half watching it but it seemed more obsessed about his sexuality than his achievements.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post

I've always thought the only reason he topped himself was a realisation that his creative powers were on the wane (on account of age alone, which is notoriously the case with most mathematicians, but accentuated by the hormone treatment).

Being the unconventional guy he was, he wouldn't have given two hoots about the gay disgrace aspect and probably not much more about any surveillance, real or imagined.
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                    X