• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Music download sites

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Music download sites

I am getting pressure from the older kids to download songs so they can burn their own CD. Alas they want quite a few recent songs.

I have tried downloading a few songs using torrents and free sites - but I am making very slow progress.

Does anyone know of any free (or low cost) sites where I can download most mp3 titles?

Thanks
    BP

Amazon.com does mp3 downloads

HTH
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

I know it will be hard for some of you to understand but on this one I have morals

Buy the tiles legally & let the artist actually get paid for his / her craft
      Growing old is mandatory
      Growing up is optional

Comment

Why download when you can walk into HMV, stick the discs in your pocket and walk out?
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
          I know it will be hard for some of you to understand but on this one I have morals

Buy the tiles legally & let the artist actually get paid for his / her craft
          Spot on HJ!

Plus, it's important for kids to learn that you don't get something for nothing.
          The vegetarian option.

Comment

Amazon are pretty good, you get raw MP3s and no nasty software to install.

However - your kids are a bit behind the times if they want to burn their music to CDs. That's so 2005.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              However - your kids are a bit behind the times if they want to burn their music to CDs. That's so 2005.
              They are only 9. The CD is for the car. Most of the time they get stuff from youtube. Presumably in the future they will get smart phones. At the moment it looks like netbooks for their next birthday - though I am dreading the issues that will bring.

Comment

Ah. My wife got one of those little radio transmitter thingies for her iPhone to avoid this issue, but is planning to get a new car stereo... for only about £100 you can get one with MP3/iPod input and skip the inconvenience of burning CDs.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Beat Audio Beat 275 | Car Stereos

£45. Not the worlds best but its ok.
                  Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

7digital which I like a lot. Though I also use Amazon.

Comment

Working...
                    X