• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boomed!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boomed!

I have just closed a deal for up to 3 years worth of work. I got the rate that I wanted with spare money for rate increases later on. I will be based at home with all travel expenses paid. I get to bring my own team from my last job (they were all due to finish at the end of the year) And best of all I got to include my favorite agency at a fixed rate of 6% for the whole team !

KA _CHING !

Oh bravo that man!
    Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

Congrats

Sweeeeeet

Comment

Excellent!

Comment

Thanks guys

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
            I have just closed a deal for up to 3 years worth of work. I got the rate that I wanted with spare money for rate increases later on. I will be based at home with all travel expenses paid. I get to bring my own team from my last job (they were all due to finish at the end of the year) And best of all I got to include my favorite agency at a fixed rate of 6% for the whole team !

KA _CHING !
            So you are bringing your own team, but working from home??

Congrats BTW

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post

KA _CHING !
              Blimey, nice one. Doing what?

You should be on EntrepreneurUK.com by the sound of it.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  Blimey, nice one. Doing what?

You should be on EntrepreneurUK.com by the sound of it.
                  Not too hard on the face of it.

I ran a large DC migration for an integrator. When they said get the best team you can, I took them to their word, binned all the permie/offshore candidates and went straight to people with 10 to 15 years infrastructure experience. We delivered the project with ease and everyone love us. When I got the call from my friend to tell me his client co needed quite a few candidates. I said here is my C.V by the way, this is the team you need, passing him the other chaps set of C.Vs...

I sat the interview this morning, made the client happy and then told them that the reason they had 6 C.V's from me instead of 1 is that I would bet MY contract against the team of C.Vs that I sent them, and had already arranged a group factoring deal through my favorite agency for 6 % (already on the PSL but not doing enough work due to the other primary agency being arsoles.)

The one thing that too few contractors seem to do (apart from the banking sector)
                  is recommend friends for roles and try to keep teams together between clients.

Comment

Way hay!
                    +50 Xeno Geek Points
                    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Working...
                    X