• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Good morning

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning

Why this came to me I don't know. Now can someone tell my why is it a Bonus to work yourself to the grave?

60 hours ugh. Struggle to do 40 at best.

Good morning,

My client is looking for an electrical design engineer to come on board asap!

Absolutely essential skills are:

- avionics or aerospace experience
    - electrical (not electronic) design experience

BONUS! Unlimited overtime up to 60hrs per week

Telephone interview asap.

Please contact me to discuss this further and send me an up-to-date CV.

Kind regards,
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Why this came to me I don't know. Now can someone tell my why is it a Bonus to work yourself to the grave?

In my experience it means "we are paying a crap rate, but you can make up the shortfall by working all hours god sends, oh and the 60 hours is 'expected' as in we wont renew if you don't do it"
    Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      Is that 60 hours on top of the 40?

Worst I've ever seen was 84 hours over 7 days.

Non stop for 3 months.
      I had a job like that once. 4 x 8hr shifts and 2 x 12hr overnight shifts then 4 days off, except you would end up working 2 or 3 of your 4 days off and often double up on the 8hr shifts (as they overlapped that was 12 hours) making anything from 60-80hrs a week "normal" for a period of several months.

And that's the only permie job I've ever had. **** that.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

It's this type of low paid slavery that the government want to keep and are thus against the EU trying to limit working hours.

This was reported just recently during Cameron's meeting with the :nazi: bint who's looking to conquer Europe via the back door instead of with Panzers.

To me limiting hours would seem a good way of getting more people into work by bringing back shifts and more employees for cover.
        Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
        Feist - I Feel It All
        Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
          In the very dim & distant past, I have been known to work 5 16 hour shifts.

And, maybe, go in on the Sunday as well (double time).

It's a great pity that that money lost 90% of its value as it was inflated away.

I'd have been better off pissing it up against a wall.

Ho hum.
          Which war was that before?
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
            It's this type of low paid slavery that the government want to keep and are thus against the EU trying to limit working hours.

This was reported just recently during Cameron's meeting with the :nazi: bint who's looking to conquer Europe via the back door instead of with Panzers.

To me limiting hours would seem a good way of persuading employers to move their processes abroad
            FTFY
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

I've just had that one too and commented exactly the same to another contractor here. Spooky.

Comment

If done for a few months on a huge wage then great.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                  FTFY
                  As an agent I'd have thought you'd have kept those kinds of reasons hushed up so you could get more 'temps' or 'disguised employees' in placements.

Probably right though when considering the overhead of employees (NI, pension, holidays and other benefits), so it's not simply the same with one person working 60 hour weeks as two people doing 30.
                  Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                  Feist - I Feel It All
                  Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Working...
                  X