• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Grumpy contractor

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grumpy contractor

One guy here isn't being extended beyond next Wednesday so he's being thoroughly grumpy toward everybody. Guess why they're not extending him? That's right; for being a grumpy, uncooperative git.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    One guy here isn't being extended beyond next Wednesday so he's being thoroughly grumpy toward everybody. Guess why they're not extending him? That's right; for being a grumpy, uncooperative git.
    Looking for a new gig starting thursday then???
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Sorry to hear about you getting canned MTT

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
        Looking for a new gig starting thursday then???
        Not me; I'm extended until end of January. Two grumpies are being dumped. One works for an insultancy that's going bust, the other one's a grumpy tulip that nobody wants to have around the place.

Comment

There is nothing like telling someone they are grumpy to piss them off
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
            Sorry to hear about you getting canned MTT

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
              There is nothing like telling someone they are grumpy to piss them off
              Yep; yesterday I had to give a so-called 'Senior Technical Project Manager' some guidance on 'communication skills', which amounts to 'how to prevent your acceptant hating your guts'. Cool, this troubleshooting game; you can get paid more than most IT project managers just for the simple merit of being able to converse with another human being without exploding in rage or causing that person to explode in rage.

Comment

Be grateful they're getting canned.

One place I contracted at had a team that had to approve all website technologies being used, and page designs etc, to make sure the corporate standards were being met.

Unfortunately the team thought they were gods and were the most pedantic argumentative bunch of tossers I've ever worked with. It was a pain getting anything done that involved them and several permie managers agreed they were making things unnecessarily difficult.

My jaw hit the floor when I found out they were contractors. How they never got canned is beyond me. They must have found something on the network to blackmail the IT director with.

Eventually we just bypassed them and the managers signed it off as the only way to meet the deadlines.
                Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                Feist - I Feel It All
                Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  I'm like that on my present contract, but the bastards keep extending me which is why I'm grumpy.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
                    Be grateful they're getting canned.
                    I am. One of them is useless, the other is useless AND grumpy.

Comment

Working...
                    X