• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Any tips to stop a runny nose?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any tips to stop a runny nose?

After a sore throat has passed, I'm left feeling well but with a super-runny nose. the kind where it's just water and you get only a moment's warning to grab a tissue or it will just trickle out and drip (hello ladies).
    Do regular cold cures have anything to stop this annoying symptom? Any other ways to lessen the flow until it turns into proper snot in a day or so - other than sticking tissues up there?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

A peg?

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
      A peg?
      That's no more helpful than sticking tissues up! The aim is a way I can go outside without dribbling on people, or making them stare at me (more than usual anyway).
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        That's no more helpful than sticking tissues up! The aim is a way I can go outside without dribbling on people, or making them stare at me (more than usual anyway).

Comment

Yeah; discovered this by accident while eating sashimi last week. Had a runny nose and a bit of a cold, while eating sashimi I thought I'd mixed all the wasabi into the soy sauce, but missed a bit and ended up eating a big chunk (about 1 milliliter) of wasabi that was hidden under a piece of tuna. It went 'zing' through mouth, nose and sinusses, I did a Beaufort scale force 10 sneeze and gone was my runny nose.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Ask yourself - WWSYD?

Wrap up for a few weeks in bed, until you are completely over it. (Change sheets as necessary)
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              Yeah; discovered this by accident while eating sashimi last week. Had a runny nose and a bit of a cold, while eating sashimi I thought I'd mixed all the wasabi into the soy sauce, but missed a bit and ended up eating a big chunk (about 1 milliliter) of wasabi that was hidden under a piece of tuna. It went 'zing' through mouth, nose and sinusses, I did a Beaufort scale force 10 sneeze and gone was my runny nose.
              What kind of ape mixes the wasabi with soy sauce? Surely you spread the required amount of wasabi on the sushi, lay a small slice of ginger over the top and then dunk the sushi in the soy sauce or have I been eating sushi wrong all this time?
              The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Super glue up your nostrils. That should stop it for a few months.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

P.s if I am in fact a weird sushi eater then I fully take back the ape comment Mitch

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    Super glue up your nostrils. That should stop it for a few months.
                    Wasnt that a top tip from viz?

Comment

Working...
                    X