• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Colin Sludge

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Colin Sludge

Congratulations to one of my old Peak Army chums on the publication of his book "How Clean Should Your Colon Be?"

Not entirely surprising to those of us who know Colin that he should choose this particular subject matter for the content of a book.

I remember being on a railtour of Germany with the PA back in the '80s and he had us all in stitches in the guard's van one evening.

"Look what I just done!" came an exclamation issuing from the direction of the toilet....

(At this point I should mention that German toilets are furnished with an "inspection platform" on which one can inspect one's movement before it is flushed away. I'm sure that any CUKers currently working in Germany can vouch for this)

....and there sat on the aforementioned platform was an object which looked very much like a Nutty Bar, that popular peanut encrusted fudge log of yesteryear. Must have been painful we all thought until we noticed the empty KP packet in the wag's hand.

What a guy!

Anyway, I'm sure all at CUK will join me in wishing Colin every success in this new venture.

6/10 gricer.

Have some positive anyway.

Comment

0/10

Stock photo from the internet.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Improved colon hygiene would certainly make my working life more pleasant, so well done Colin, and best of luck with the new book.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          0/10

I was actually going to post a pic of a nutty bar but I couldn't find one.

This leads me to suspect that I am a victim of PAH's false memory syndrome.

Comment

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
            (At this point I should mention that German toilets are furnished with an "inspection platform" on which one can inspect one's movement before it is flushed away. I'm sure that any CUKers currently working in Germany can vouch for this)
            Yes, I can vouch for this.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              0/10

WHS

(is he holding a cigarette?)

Comment

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
                Yes, I can vouch for this too. Germans must be very particular about their poo. I must admit I found it unnerving for a good while until I got used to it.

Comment

An inspection platform? Still, better than those ones they used to have in France anyway, like a shower tray with raised bits for the feet. I was always having to fish around in the poo to retrieve my wallet.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

There's a Colin Sludge working at Paddington railway station. I know because as I popped into their branch of Boots to buy a pack of tissues today I heard a tannoy call for him. I wonder if that's your Colin from the PA?

I admit that over the tannoy it might sound a bit like 'Colin's lunch', so I could have been mistaken.

Incidentally, has anyone tried the sushi bar there? Some friends of mine have Japanese family coming over to visit for Christmas, and I was thinking of recommending it.

Comment

Working...
                    X