• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

work-packages galore! Boomed!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

work-packages galore! Boomed!

Just had a chat with a new client in Zurich, new retainer agreed!

Direct - tick

Remote - most of the time

Business in Euro disney so much easier, would never have negotiated this deal at home. 3rd currency I'll be invoicing in - Recession? What recession / depression?

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Looks like you'd be living the dream, if only you had a semblance of a social life, eh?
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post

Direct - tick

Business in Euro disney so much easier, would never have negotiated this deal at home. 3rd currency I'll be invoicing in - Recession? What recession / depression?

Nice one!

Have a special banana

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        Looks like you'd be living the dream, if only you had a semblance of a social life, eh?
        Not everybody needs to drown their sorrows in the boozer every night because life hasn't lived up to their expectations.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

My mantra has largely been, if it can be done remote, it can be done from Chennai. It seems though that clients are becoming more amenable to remote working judging from the number of people on here that work remotely.

Comment

Direct - tick

Be carefull if you quote in CHF, it is at an all time high, go back 2 -3 years to see the real rate.

If you need to come to Zurich it VERY VERY expensive.

Swiss companies are trying to drop the rates to contractors, but the prices here have not gone down.
            Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
              Not everybody needs to drown their sorrows in the boozer every night because life hasn't lived up to their expectations.
              Indeed. I, for one, don't.
              And I'm glad I don't have to live a solitary and lonely life in a foreign country, while posting how great my life is on an internet forum
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
                Be carefull if you quote in CHF, it is at an all time high, go back 2 -3 years to see the real rate.

If you need to come to Zurich it VERY VERY expensive.

Swiss companies are trying to drop the rates to contractors, but the prices here have not gone down.
                Thanks for the tip.

I guess I'll be quoting if I were internal. It should be a one off annual fee.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  Indeed. I, for one, don't.
                  And I'm glad I don't have to live a solitary and lonely life in a foreign country, while posting how great my life
                  I live here with my wife and new born daughter, why is that sad?

It's the most amazing year of my life so far.

Comment

I live here with my wife and new born daughter, why is that sad?

It's the most amazing year of my life so far.
                    Doesn't seem like it from your posts. Seems more like you're trying to convince yourself.
                    I'm not the only one who thinks that BTW.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X