• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lawnmower Olympics

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lawnmower Olympics

Was discussing next year's annual lawnmower marathon with the crew last night and we'be come up with a great wheeze for this Olympic year.

We are going to approximate some Olympic sports with lawnmowers.

My suggestion is synchronized mowing. My vision is to get a team of mowers in motion such that when viewed from above the combined action will look like the workings of a clock.

I envisage that there will be 2 sets of teams mowing in a circular motion and I will act as the balance wheel rapidly oscillating between a ten past and ten to position. For this I will need a simple push rotary affair that allows me to go back as well as forwards.

Other suggestions from the crew included lawnmower hurdling, underwater mowing and

Originally posted by pacharan View Post
    Was discussing next year's annual lawnmower marathon with the crew last night and we'be come up with a great wheeze for this Olympic year.

We are going to approximate some Olympic sports with lawnmowers.

My suggestion is synchronized mowing. My vision is to get a team of mowers in motion such that when viewed from above the combined action will look like the workings of a clock.

I envisage that there will be 2 sets of teams mowing in a circular motion and I will act as the balance wheel rapidly oscillating between a ten past and ten to position. For this I will need a simple push rotary affair that allows me to go back as well as forwards.

Other suggestions from the crew included lawnmower hurdling, underwater mowing and
    Be careful we wouldn't want there to be a nasty accident where the blades sliced off both your hands you and you were unable to entertain us with your obvious wit.

Comment

Originally posted by pacharan View Post
      and what?

don't leave me in suspense!
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
        Be careful we wouldn't want there to be a nasty accident where the blades sliced off both your hands you and you were unable to entertain us with your obvious wit.
        Pot, kettle, black
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
          Pot, kettle, black
          I am Chutney Spoon he is Retard Sibling.

HTH

Comment

A thread about lawnmower olympics started by Pacharan with russell in second.. Great stuff
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              A thread about lawnmower olympics started by Pacharan with russell in second.. Great stuff
              I have had great reps the last few weeks so I don't think you can equate me with that sockie.

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
                I have had great reps the last few weeks so I don't think you can equate me with that sockie.
                But I don't know if you mean great reps to bring you back to retard level as you are proud of it or great reps as in someone actually thought you said something remotely interesting / correct?
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

But I don't know if you mean great reps to bring you back to retard level as you are proud of it or great reps as in someone actually thought you said something remotely interesting / correct?
                  Yeah, +reps that brought me from retard to chutney.

Comment

I did. I can't remember what it was, though.
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014
                    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                    X