• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Students!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Students!

A University of Derby student had to be cut free by firefighters after being trapped in a clothes horse for more than an hour

Miss Morgan, who is originally from North Wales, had fallen off the bed
    BBC News - Derby student trapped in clothes horse rescued by firefighters
    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

I would usually say they're quite dangerous, having almost sliced off a finger on a number of occasions by accidentally unhinging a fully loaded one. Getting a finger trapped is one thing, however this is just ridiculous!

How could she even get her head in, if she can't get it out again?

Comment

Leaving aside the obvious question of how do you become entagled in a clothes horse by falling out of bed, I can't help but wonder what subject this intellectual giant is studying. Trapped for over an hour!!

It has to be meedja studies!
      The vegetarian option.

Comment

I bloody hate students.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Quite a lot of people die falling out of bed, especially when they are higher than a clothes horse.

Comment

Bit of a bummer for the other students who wanted to dry their clothes too.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
              Bit of a bummer for the other students who wanted to dry their clothes too.
              <Viz Top Tip>
              Students, if entangled in the house clothes horse for over an hour thus depriving your housemates of the chance to dry their clothes, as you're clearly a beef-witted dullard, simply extend your arms sideways to make a super impromptu clothes airer.
              </Viz Top Tip>
              The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                Quite a lot of people die falling out of bed, especially when they are higher than a clothes horse.
                Thanks for that, I'm always falling out of bed so now I'm expecting to find myself dead on the floor one morning.
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by Pork Belly
                  They're for clothes?

Beef curtains?
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

This is what happens when tertiary education becomes open to all. Working class students simply can't keep up with wealthier posho horsey students.

Comment

Working...
                    X