• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Iran

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iran

Have we done this one yet?

Treasury severs all ties between British and Iranian financial institutions
    The Treasury on Monday severed all links between British and Iranian financial institutions as it sought to punish Iran for its defiant response to a United Nations report that raised grave concerns about Tehran’s nuclear programme.
    and now Iran is reacting, and officials are showing some disturbing colours.
    Defiant Iran eyes retaliation for sanctions

"The Iranian nation will not back down an iota, and will not allow the slightest move to encroach on the nation's rights" in terms of its nuclear programme, President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said in a speech aired on state television.
    In Iran's parliament, lawmakers -- some crying "Death to Britain" -- adopted an emergency bill calling for the expulsion of the British ambassador to Tehran.

Parliament... lawmakers... are saying this kind of thing?
    I thought it was usually the rabble on the streets that chanted this sort of trash.. not the ones in public office wearing suits and ties.
    Next they'll be brandishing AK47s and firing them into the air...

How do you know it's not all propaganda again. Weapons of mass destruction, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
      Have we done this one yet?

Treasury severs all ties between British and Iranian financial institutions

and now Iran is reacting, and officials are showing some disturbing colours.
      Defiant Iran eyes retaliation for sanctions

I thought it was usually the rabble on the streets that chanted this sort of trash.. not the ones in public office wearing suits and ties.
      Next they'll be brandishing AK47s and firing them into the air...
      They'll chant exactly what they're told to chant.
      The vegetarian option.

Comment

Where've you been?

Dinner Jacket always says stuff like this every time he's at the UN, causing the yanks and various other sensitive participants to walk out.

I say we give Iran a nuke and see if they use it, before they have the ability to build hundreds of their own.

Could even set it up with a fake detonation where a flag pops out and says "Gotcha!", if they don't want to risk any (probably) illegal settlements in Israel getting wiped out.
        Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
        Feist - I Feel It All
        Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
          And we can't even send a gunboat any more.
          Given the HMS Cornwall debacle - would we want to risk it again?
          How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
            How do you know it's not all propaganda again. Weapons of mass destruction, etc.
            IMO the case for attacking Iraq never held any water, but I think Iran are actually going for it like North Korea did.

Admittedly, following Operation Ajax - Britain and the US aren't exactly in Irans good books, and the sceptics have plenty of reasons to suspect we're looking out for our own interests.

Comment

Although I find Mehdi Hasan a bit of a knobba at times, he makes some valid points in this article: If you lived in Iran, wouldn't you want the nuclear bomb?

I've yet to be convinced by the rhetoric which states Iran poses a threat.

The only 'threat' it poses is to 'the only democratic country in the Middle East' and, then, only as to who would be top dog in the region.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
                Although I find Mehdi Hasan a bit of a knobba at times, he makes some valid points in this article: If you lived in Iran, wouldn't you want the nuclear bomb?

I've yet to be convinced by the rhetoric which states Iran poses a threat.

The only 'threat' it poses is to 'the only democratic country in the Middle East' and, then, only as to who would be top dog in the region.
                Make no mistake its the Saudis that are behind this - they want the US and Israel to attack Iran - they hate the Iranians.

And what the Saudis want - they get,

Comment

In Iran's parliament, lawmakers -- some crying "Death to Britain"
                  Can a nation die?
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                    The “evidence” is three years old. The evidence was on a laptop found by the CIA. The CIA has not produced the laptop nor has it been forensically examined even though Iran has asked the USA to do so.
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                    X