• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

YTS

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

YTS

Only a mater of time now.

Millions of kids with no job prospects + firms too scared to take on staff = Youth Training Scheme.

Poor sods.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    Millions of kids with no job prospects + firms too scared to take on staff = Youth Training Scheme.
    It's a splendid idea. We can train them that life is not at all like everyone has been telling them it is for the last 20 years. Then when they have been turned into disillusioned, cynical selfish tossers we can hand the reins over to them and let them **** the next lot up.

Bravo for progress!
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Whats wrong with that? Back in Thatcher's day they had the same thing only it was called YOP, Youth Opportunities Program which paid GBP23,50 a week and as there were also no jobs for school leavers at that time I ended up on one and haven't looked back.
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
        Whats wrong with that? Back in Thatcher's day they had the same thing only it was called YOP, Youth Opportunities Program which paid GBP23,50 a week and as there were also no jobs for school leavers at that time I ended up on one and haven't looked back.
        YOP/YTS (same thing), I did one for a year but instead of offering a job they got rid of me and got another slave in, most firms just took advantage of the situation.

I was due to finish at xmas so worked all year without holiday so I could take my 2 weeks (yes 2 whole weeks) in cash which they stitched me up on, should have burnt the place down.

Not good memories.
        Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

YOP/YTS (same thing), I did one for a year but instead of offering a job they got rid of me and got another slave in, most firms just took advantage of the situation.

I was due to finish at xmas so worked all year without holiday so I could take my 2 weeks (yes 2 whole weeks) in cash which they stitched me up on, should have burnt the place down.

Not good memories.
          Better doing something than sitting on your arse.

We should actually scrap the minimum wage and let the market dictate the real level to get people back to work.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Only a mater of time now.

Poor sods.
            I left school as soon as I could without any qualifications above GCSE, not because I was a thicko but because I really couldn't be arsed.

I had no idea what I wanted to do and I eventually ended up on a YTS scheme at a software house. I've been in IT ever since. I am now financially very secure with properties, nice cars etc etc, so it didn't do me any harm

Although, as good as it was I don't miss the days of £25/week... I earn more than that taking a tulip in ClientCo bogs these days

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
              I was a YOP boy too! And look at me now! I remember Gerry Rafferty was No.1 at the time with Baker Street. I worked in the Planning department at Bolton Metropolitan Borough, top floor and had unlimited access to all the maps of Bolton where I could mentally recreate the construction of the Bolton - Leigh railway by sheer map alone. Orgasmic for a young railway buff still missing steam...

Had jolly japes with the staff there, had many a post-pubescent wank in the bogs over the mature but comely ladies who worked there, hard to think they're probably all dead now!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                Better doing something than sitting on your arse.

We should actually scrap the minimum wage and let the market dictate the real level to get people back to work.
                I'm uncomfortable with that, there was report out this week which highlights how execs have been filling their boots whilst the majority haven't seen a rise in 10 years.

The top 1% have had a 4000% pay rise since 1980, not really fair to start hitting the bottom rung is it? Unless you want to run a tat shop of course.

Comment

Working...
                X