• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Are you getting a rate rise?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you getting a rate rise?

Benefits to rise by 5pc as tax credits are frozen - Telegraph

The unemployed and other benefits claimants are expected to see the value of their welfare payments rise by more than 5 per cent, even as those on low incomes see their tax credits frozen, under government plans.

Where as most here seem to be talking about rate cuts again.

Since there are few jobs there are going to be alot more on benefits. There are plenty of scroungers - but alot more who want to work.

Cameron looks after his friends in the banks and big business. When he is bored of trying to be a world leader that is. Not that the Labour party would do any different.

Its a tough time to be poor.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Since there are few jobs there are going to be alot more on benefits. There are plenty of scroungers - but alot more who want to work.

Cameron looks after his friends in the banks and big business. When he is bored of trying to be a world leader that is. Not that the Labour party would do any different.

Its a tough time to be poor.
      is now the time to be increasing benefits?

Nay say I. Abolish the minimum wage say I.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Now might be a good time to escape the UK for 5 to 10 years.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
          Now might be a good time to escape the UK for 5 to 10 years.
          Yes, if I could think of anywhere I would rather be. On a contrary basis I'm thinking Northern ireland now Plan B is a goer.

Strangely enough I doubled by the prices of plan b last week and demand has increased. I'm not exactly sure how that works but I'm not complaining.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            is now the time to be increasing benefits?

Nay say I. Abolish the minimum wage say I.
            I agree about abolishing the minimum wage. But for poor familes seeing food and energy prices rising at around 10% it could spell real trouble.

IMO we need to follow a growth strategy so that those who want to work can work.

Comment

I've read elsewhere lots of Brits who sold up during the boom and moved to Australia are now looking to move back to Britain.

Couple in the rise in Aussie house prices, fall in the pound to Aussie dollar, fall in UK house prices and people who left with £300K can now return with £1m buying power.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                I agree about abolishing the minimum wage. But for poor familes seeing food and energy prices rising at around 10% it could spell real trouble.

IMO we need to follow a growth strategy so that those who want to work can work.
                Abolosh the minimum wage
                Bring in more bobs but at 50p an hour
                Take those on benefits and put them in work schemes in McDonalds so they can feed the bobs.
                Big businesses get richer and can be taxed more.
                Everyone a winner.

Sorted.

Vote MF for Prime Minister.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Abolosh the minimum wage
                  Take those on benefits and put them in work schemes in McDonalds so they can feed the bobs.
                  Everyone a winner.

Sorted.

All those extra McDonalds will certainly provide a growth strategy - at least for waistlines.

Comment

Abolosh the minimum wage
                    Everyone a winner.

Sorted.

You sound just like the CBI, except they want a tax payer funded subsidy for bringing Bobs in too.

Comment

Working...
                    X