• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Not so armless

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not so armless

BBC News - Girl struck by train on Tyneside has arm reattached

I bet that stung a bit.

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    I know her. That was a serious issue she could have died.

That's not funny.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Are speeding trains that hard to avoid? We used to play on train tracks as kids and we never got hit. Squashed a few pennies though.

Comment

Well, I for sure wouldn't like to have swapped my position for the one that this poor girl found herself in.

But I will say one thing; often these major traumas, these horrific injuries that we read about in the papers and in the TV are not always as painfule as one may imagine.
        Recalling my knowledge of medical matters I seem to recall that the body can produce natural painkillers and this combined with the effects of the shock can nullify the pain somewhat. That said, some time after the trauma has occurred it will sting a bit for sure.

I only say this as there was a local man who was mauled by a tiger and had his arm eaten piece by piece all the way up to the shoulder. He recounted to a local newspaper that this was not as painful as one may imagine and was discussing the cricket scores with the ambulance men on the way to the hospital.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
          Are speeding trains that hard to avoid? We used to play on train tracks as kids and we never got hit. Squashed a few pennies though.
          where i lived there was a shortcut across the railway line and just where you could get across there was a great big dip in the gravel next to the track and we would lay in the dip when the train went past and it always felt like it was going to suck you under the train.

I bet those train drivers s**t themselves when they saw a load of kids laying next to the track.

would Probably be arrested for doing it now

Comment

Working...
          X