• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Another Euro Meeting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Euro Meeting

BBC News - Euro leaders meet amid bond crisis

Hurray, that will sort it out, have yet ANOTHER meeting.

If they can bluff their way through to December then the markets will be too busy with Christmas parties to care.

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
      BBC News - Euro leaders meet amid bond crisis

Hurray, that will sort it out, have yet ANOTHER meeting.
      Least they're having meetings. The closest you're going to get for a meeting is with the dole office.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        If they can bluff their way through to December then the markets will be too busy with Christmas parties to care.
        If that's their best plan then we are doomed.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          Least they're having meetings. The closest you're going to get for a meeting is with the dole office.
          Yeah because contractors on the bench claim dole, muppet! Have an interview tommorow and 2 next week, so think i'll be skipping the bench.

HTH

Comment

Yeah because contractors on the bench claim dole, muppet! Have an interview tommorow and 2 next week, so think i'll be skipping the bench.

HTH
            For me that would be 3 offers.

Contracting career. 35 contracts. 36 interviews.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Well to be perfectly honest I think they have little choice but to convey the illusion of some kind of activity after yesterday's markets were roiled by tGermany's failed bond market.

I read in today's Telegraph that they yeilds on German 10 year bund is not higher than that of the UK 10 year gilt.

This must surely send a a message loud and clear that the writing is on the wall. The Germans must stop their bluffing game (for that is indeed what it is) and acquiesce to the demands of Mr. Barroso and accept that these Eurobands (or stability bonds as they have been rebranded) are the only way to give any chance to the long term survival of EMU.

As I mentioned in my post yesterday, the longer the Germans hold out with this bluffing gane, the greater the sweeteners they will demand for agreeing to be lender of last resort. This will mean more Germany not less Germany.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                For me that would be 3 offers.

Contracting career. 35 contracts. 36 interviews.
                12 contracts. 4 interviews.
                While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                  12 contracts. 4 interviews.
                  Current contract was second stint so was just an email asking when I was available and what rate. Wish they were all like that.

Comment

If that's their best plan then we are doomed.
                    At the moment they don't have anything better. But they hope that by kicking the can down the road something might come up.

I just can't see a happy result from this - just a least bad one.

Comment

Working...
                    X