• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agents again...this made me laugh

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agents again...this made me laugh

Dear ChimpM,

As you are on my list of shortlisted candidates I wanted to get a quick update with regards to your working situation. The market is picking up!

Therefore its important to understand exactly where you are up to in your job search.

1. Are you still looking?

2. What type of roles are you considering still?

3. Salary and locations you are seeking?

4. Have you interviewed recently and where ( to avoid duplication )?

5. What's your notice period?

Thanks for the update.

I will be in touch asap to discuss any new opportunities that I have at present.

Kind Regards,

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
    Dear ChimpM,

As you are on my list of shortlisted candidates I wanted to get a quick update with regards to your working situation. The market is picking up!

Therefore its important to understand exactly where you are up to in your job search.

1. Are you still looking?

2. What type of roles are you considering still?

3. Salary and locations you are seeking?

4. Have you interviewed recently and where ( to avoid duplication )?

5. What's your notice period?

Thanks for the update.

I will be in touch asap to discuss any new opportunities that I have at present.

Kind Regards,
    you're so lucky to be in the agent's shortlist!! Hurry and reply the email!

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
      4. Have you interviewed recently and where ( so I can get in there and undercut the other agent )?
      FTFY

To be quite honest with you these emails like this don't bother me as much as the phone calls I sometimes receive from agents because I have a dedicated hotmail account that I am using just for the purposes of my dealings with agents (which isn't many because all of my work is coming from dedicated agancy for whom I act as a consultant).

I was

Comment

Its their job to try it on. And our job to tell them where to go.

Comment

They are getting more desperate. Had a call about something that seemed quite genuine, and the call had gone on for 25 mins or more about role, skills yadda yadda, then he just came out and said "now these guys HR insist on two references before interview, it's just the way they work...".

Anyhoo, won't get my reply through the filter.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeebo72 View Post
            They are getting more desperate. Had a call about something that seemed quite genuine, and the call had gone on for 25 mins or more about role, skills yadda yadda, then he just came out and said "now these guys HR insist on two references before interview, it's just the way they work...".

Sounds like Progressive; I don't even talk with them.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Jeebo72 View Post

They are getting a lot more crafty these days. One gave me the name of the company, skillset required, expected start date and so much info only to ask for a reference.

Never give a reference before an interview is confirmed.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                Sounds like Aggressive; I don't even talk with them.

The chuckle brothers of the recruitment world. One joker suggested I 'get fired' from a gig because he has a dead-cert for me to start within a day or so.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  Sounds like Progressive; I don't even talk with them.
                  Yep, my email was from Regressive....

Comment

Play em at their own game....

Next time you're asked for references pre-interview give them a load of fictitious names and emails, or if they want details of recent interviews then again provide a load of made up jobs and phone numbers.

After they've spent days chasing round after non-existent leads they'll soon give up digging, or maybe not, but at least you'll have the satisfaction of knowing you've wasted their time

Comment

Working...
                    X