• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

One year left to complete my distance learning MSc in Maths ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

... and I'm on course for a distinction.
    Been difficult juggling everything but intensely rewarding.
    Can't imagine weekends without some goal so may continue with some course or another or maybe try writing a book.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Can't imagine weekends without some goal so may continue with some course or another or maybe try reading a book.
    ftfy
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Can't imagine weekends without some goal so may continue with some course or another or maybe try writing a book.
      I can think of a course for you.

But I do hope you get a distinction.

Comment

OK, lets see how good you are.

If Suity leaves Luton at 8.00am and drives at an average of 15mph for the 1st hour, 30mph for the 2nd hour and eventually has the bottle to accelerate to 35mph for the 3rd hour, how big is the traffic jam behind him on the motorway behind him?
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          OK, lets see how good you are.

If Suity leaves Luton at 8.00am and drives at an average of 15mph for the 1st hour, 30mph for the 2nd hour and eventually has the bottle to accelerate to 35mph for the 3rd hour, how big is the traffic jam behind him on the motorway behind him?
          Trick question. Suity is too scared to drive on the motorway.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

You're never too old to learn. I learnt about the 1089 trick yesterday.

sas, is it pure maths or applied? Does that distinction still exist? Many years ago I did a lot of maths for my electronics studies (basically many variations on deep trig) and found it a bit boring after a while.

Comment

I know somebody who did one of these part time/distance learning.

He was really really weird

Comment

I started filling my spare hours at the weekends by teaching myself to whittle with a piece of balsa wood and a pen knife.

I found this such a thoroughly fine passtime that I enrolled on a nuber of courses and have progressed to producing life sized cast statues.

My current work is my wife.

First, I start with a very large block of wood and carve out the human form with an array of chisels. Next I create a plaster mould from the carved form which I feel with the target material for my work. Normally some kind of fine aggregate that approximates alabaster but I would love to go one stage further and do her in bronze and stand her in the front lawn.

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
                  I know somebody who did one of these part time/distance learning.

He was really really weird
                  It helps to be a little weird if you are going to study maths
                  While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                    ftfy
                    Initially your post confused me as you fixed it to read as how I had actually read it!
                    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Working...
                    X