• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Net migration to UK in 2010 at record high

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Net migration to UK in 2010 at record high

BBC News - Net migration to UK in 2010 at record high

I would comment, but I've lost the power of speech. Apart from saying that I've lost the power of speech, and subsequent explanations obviously. Right, definitely speechless now.

They've all read Sasguru's posts about how London's streets are paved with gold.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Yes, indeed. I posted on this yesterday:

We are seeing in these days that there are fewer British emigres. Indeed, the evidence I have at hand suggests that indeed many are returning from their lands of milk and honey to an uncertain life in the uk where the values of their assets from their adopted homelands does not strecth as far as they would wish back in the uk. But the reason for fewer peolple leaving the uk is, I postulate, that it is harder to sell houses for the right price and these gilt edged opportunities for westerners with the right skills are now going to natives of other countries.

Comment

Originally posted by Hill Station Murthy View Post
        Yes, indeed. I posted on this yesterday:
        Somebody who's studied spatial demography would argue that immigration and emigration ebb and flow unpredictably and there's almost nothing governments can do to stop them, short of building big walls.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

And Dave doesn't even bother to count Bobs any more.

Comment

Globalisation 'innit?

Comment

They're all going to need somewhere to live. 270000 new houses required each year, only 100000 being built.

What you need is a BTL strategy.

Boomed
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                They're all going to need somewhere to live. 270000 new houses required each year, only 100000 being built.

What you need is a BTL strategy.

Boomed
                Buy-to-let boom as number of loans surges 16% in three months | Mail Online

Fill yer boots!

Comment

November asking prices drop by 3.1% | Property Blog by Rightmove

Comment

Working...
                  X