• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Leveson Enquiry - Shut Up!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leveson Enquiry - Shut Up!!

Anyone else sick and tired of this endless stream of celebs bellyaching about how their privacy has been invaded?

Any sympathy I had has been eroded by the blanket media coverage.

It's a sideshow compared to all the other things going on.

too true.

Anyone who has no PIN protection on voicemail deserves everything they get ....

Comment

Originally posted by pacharan View Post
      Anyone else sick and tired of this endless stream of celebs bellyaching about how their privacy has been invaded?

All celebs are tw*ts. Whether it's bono or someone off pop idol. Live by the sword ...

Comment

What about the Dowler and McCann families? I agree some of the Celebs are just sticking the boot in while they can and have probably dreamed of the day they could get their own back on Murdoch et al.

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
          What about the Dowler and McCann families? I agree some of the Celebs are just sticking the boot in while they can and have probably dreamed of the day they could get their own back on Murdoch et al.
          McCann's are child killers. By proxy, not saying they actually physically did it. But still, they are doctors, so it's fine. And as they are doctors it's also ok for them to use "charity" money to pay the mortgage.

Comment

Press are going to get stuffed over this.

Loads of privacy laws coming.

Comment

Absolutely. Sick to death of the whole thing. Was at the gym 2 days ago and they had bloody Sky News on, 20 mins of that Coogan twat.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Exactly what News International wants - by the time any of the formal inquiries is done, people will have become desensitized by the whole thing, so won't care that there was (and is) a culture of illegality amongst the press.

A number of newspapers have engaged people to break the law repeatedly, but by the time there is a case / result, the general public won't care that they did it, because the celebrity-obsessed are more interested in who's shagging whom than whether corporations break the law to fulfil their requirements.
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                  Absolutely. Sick to death of the whole thing. Was at the gym 2 days ago and they had bloody Sky News on, 20 mins of that Coogan twat.
                  And he didn't tell a single joke?

Comment

Intended irony?

Comment

Working...
                    X