• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reefer Madness has stolen all their souls

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reefer Madness has stolen all their souls

Reefer madness in a final frenzy | Talking Politics - Yahoo!

Then again, I've got a silver machine.

Reefer

And they hope the new laws coming into force shortly in Amsterdam banning skunk will clean up the city. Will take more than that!

Comment

This marijuana causes white women to seek sexual relations with negroes, entertainers and any others"
      Sounds like someone who is jealous of skin colour. Pretty well known fact that people get off with foreign/exotic looking people due to their instinct to diversify the gene pool.

Hence why loads of gals on holiday throw themselves at the greasy waiters and bar tenders yet at home us greasy blokes don't get a look in.

Still waiting for the deluge of foreigners that find British/English men irresistable. Was hoping it would be the Polish totty coming over here but no luck so far.

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
      Then again, I've got a silver machine.
      A Silver Dream Machine?

SPOILERS BELOW

Better watch out, they were built in the era of biking always resulting in death. (Easy Rider, Electra Glide In Blue, ...)
      Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
      Feist - I Feel It All
      Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost

Never really got into their music. Must require the aformentioned reefers, or harder stuff, which I've also never really got into.

Prefer legal drugs like beer as I'm an abiding tax payer.
        Feist - I Feel It All

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
          Never really got into their music. Must require the aformentioned reefers, or harder stuff, which I've also never really got into.
          I saw them when I was a naive 16 and didn't know anything about this druggy stuff.

They followed an act that was so rubbish that we retreated to the bar.

When they started up with Silver Machine the audience went wild.

Probably in relief from the boredom which preceded it, but I've liked it ever since, and I've never needed any reefers or other "enhancers" to enjoy it. As Zeity says, the same can probably not be said for the band.
          Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

<thisIsMalcTalking>
            Saw Nik Turner's Space Ritual a while back (basically Hawkwind minus Dave Brock) and he dedicated the whole gig to the Rob Calvert era. Played most of Astounding Sounds, Quark and Hawklords.

Band had all their gear nicked the day before so they were performing with off the shelf kit. 10/10.

All I ever get to listen to these day's is Nigel's frikkin' ELO
            </thisIsMalcTalking>

Comment

Well even The Beatles were known for substance abuse and as Bill Hicks said, all those artists making great music were real [bleeping] high. "Yellow Submarine", "Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds". Nuff said.

So I doubt Hawkwind were particularly unique.

Makes sense to make music you enjoy most when high if you're going to be getting high anyway.

If the government is so against alcohol abuse and the after effects (A&E stretched every weekend, loutish teen behaviour on the steets) maybe they should do a study on which are the safer drugs these days and legalise/tax accordingly.
              Feist - I Feel It All

Comment

Lemmy.

He makes Status Quo sound diverse. Often wind a mate up who's into Motorhead about Lemmy only ever having written one song and all the rest are remakes.

Also rip the piss that he's such a massive fan that he doesn't even have the classic MotorDamned collaboration that Lemmy did with The Damned back in the day. It sounded quite distinctive as they had both groups playing together, so two drum kits etc.

I have it. I was a Damned fan at the time in my student days. Got to be worth a bob or two by now.
                Feist - I Feel It All

Comment

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
                  <thisIsMalcTalking>
                  Saw Nik Turner's Space Ritual a while back (basically Hawkwind minus Dave Brock) and he dedicated the whole gig to the Rob Calvert era. Played most of Astounding Sounds, Quark and Hawklords.

Band had all their gear nicked the day before so they were performing with off the shelf kit. 10/10.

All I ever get to listen to these day's is Nigel's frikkin' ELO
                  </thisIsMalcTalking>
                  Me too, a few weeks ago in Weinheim. Saw him a few years ago in Frankfurt and before the concert and he invited me and Frau D. backstage for a few beers, food and a smoke. Top chap.
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
                    Lemmy.

He makes Status Quo sound diverse. Often wind a mate up who's into Motorhead about Lemmy only ever having written one song and all the rest are remakes.

Also rip the piss that he's such a massive fan that he doesn't even have the classic MotorDamned collaboration that Lemmy did with The Damned back in the day. It sounded quite distinctive as they had both groups playing together, so two drum kits etc.

I have it. I was a Damned fan at the time in my student days. Got to be worth a bob or two by now.
                    He also plays bass with them on the b-side of I Just Can't Be Happy Today, the song is a cover of Sweet's Ballroom Blitz, top tune.
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                    X