PDA

View Full Version : Reefer Madness has stolen all their souls

zeitghost
25th November 2011, 09:24
:eyes

Reefer madness in a final frenzy | Talking Politics - Yahoo! (http://uk.news.yahoo.com/comment/talking-politics/reefer-madness-final-frenzy-114632420.html)

Then again, I've got a silver machine.

Irn Bru
25th November 2011, 09:42
And they hope the new laws coming into force shortly in Amsterdam banning skunk will clean up the city. Will take more than that!

PAH
25th November 2011, 09:53
:eyes

Reefer madness in a final frenzy | Talking Politics - Yahoo! (http://uk.news.yahoo.com/comment/talking-politics/reefer-madness-final-frenzy-114632420.html)

This marijuana causes white women to seek sexual relations with negroes, entertainers and any others"

:laugh Sounds like someone who is jealous of skin colour. Pretty well known fact that people get off with foreign/exotic looking people due to their instinct to diversify the gene pool.

Hence why loads of gals on holiday throw themselves at the greasy waiters and bar tenders yet at home us greasy blokes don't get a look in. :rolleyes:

Still waiting for the deluge of foreigners that find British/English men irresistable. Was hoping it would be the Polish totty coming over here but no luck so far. :(

Then again, I've got a silver machine.

A Silver Dream Machine (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0081517/)?

SPOILERS BELOW

Better watch out, they were built in the era of biking always resulting in death. (Easy Rider, Electra Glide In Blue, ...)

PAH
25th November 2011, 11:12
Hardly.

Hawkwind - Silver Machine (Promo) - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoZ_Lg21b14)

Never really got into their music. Must require the aformentioned reefers, or harder stuff, which I've also never really got into.

Prefer legal drugs like beer as I'm an abiding tax payer. :eyes

Sysman
25th November 2011, 13:06
Never really got into their music. Must require the aformentioned reefers, or harder stuff, which I've also never really got into.

I saw them when I was a naive 16 and didn't know anything about this druggy stuff.

They followed an act that was so rubbish that we retreated to the bar.

When they started up with Silver Machine the audience went wild.

Probably in relief from the boredom which preceded it, but I've liked it ever since, and I've never needed any reefers or other "enhancers" to enjoy it. As Zeity says, the same can probably not be said for the band.

gricerboy
25th November 2011, 13:12
<thisIsMalcTalking>
Saw Nik Turner's Space Ritual a while back (basically Hawkwind minus Dave Brock) and he dedicated the whole gig to the Rob Calvert era. Played most of Astounding Sounds, Quark and Hawklords.

Band had all their gear nicked the day before so they were performing with off the shelf kit. 10/10.

All I ever get to listen to these day's is Nigel's frikkin' ELO :eyes
</thisIsMalcTalking>

PAH
25th November 2011, 13:14
Well even The Beatles were known for substance abuse and as Bill Hicks said, all those artists making great music were real [bleeping] high. "Yellow Submarine", "Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds". Nuff said. :laugh

So I doubt Hawkwind were particularly unique.

Makes sense to make music you enjoy most when high if you're going to be getting high anyway. :grin

If the government is so against alcohol abuse and the after effects (A&E stretched every weekend, loutish teen behaviour on the steets) maybe they should do a study on which are the safer drugs these days and legalise/tax accordingly. :rolleyes:

PAH
25th November 2011, 15:06
Lemmy. :laugh

He makes Status Quo sound diverse. Often wind a mate up who's into Motorhead about Lemmy only ever having written one song and all the rest are remakes.

Also rip the piss that he's such a massive fan that he doesn't even have the classic MotorDamned collaboration that Lemmy did with The Damned back in the day. It sounded quite distinctive as they had both groups playing together, so two drum kits etc.

I have it. I was a Damned fan at the time in my student days. Got to be worth a bob or two by now. :smokin

darmstadt
25th November 2011, 15:21
<thisIsMalcTalking>
Saw Nik Turner's Space Ritual a while back (basically Hawkwind minus Dave Brock) and he dedicated the whole gig to the Rob Calvert era. Played most of Astounding Sounds, Quark and Hawklords.

Band had all their gear nicked the day before so they were performing with off the shelf kit. 10/10.

All I ever get to listen to these day's is Nigel's frikkin' ELO :eyes
</thisIsMalcTalking>

Me too, a few weeks ago in Weinheim. Saw him a few years ago in Frankfurt and before the concert and he invited me and Frau D. backstage for a few beers, food and a smoke. Top chap.

darmstadt
25th November 2011, 15:23
Lemmy. :laugh

He makes Status Quo sound diverse. Often wind a mate up who's into Motorhead about Lemmy only ever having written one song and all the rest are remakes.

Also rip the piss that he's such a massive fan that he doesn't even have the classic MotorDamned collaboration that Lemmy did with The Damned back in the day. It sounded quite distinctive as they had both groups playing together, so two drum kits etc.

I have it. I was a Damned fan at the time in my student days. Got to be worth a bob or two by now. :smokin

He also plays bass with them on the b-side of I Just Can't Be Happy Today, the song is a cover of Sweet's Ballroom Blitz, top tune.