• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Clancydocwra

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clancydocwra

I don't know how you pronounce this name or who it even is asides from the fact that I was awoken at 7 am this morning from my bed thinking there was an earthquake going on in Swindon.

There was all manner of jack hammers and drills pounding away in my street and this ruined any chances I had of having a lie in today. Isn't there any law restricting these rackets before a certain time?

I also like Norbert Dentressangle, great name

Comment

Originally posted by Hill Station Murthy View Post
      I don't know how you pronounce this name or who it even is asides from the fact that I was awoken at 7 am this morning from my bed thinking there was an earthquake going on in Swindon.

There was all manner of jack hammers and drills pounding away in my street and this ruined any chances I had of having a lie in today. Isn't there any law restricting these rackets before a certain time?

For standard works it depends on what the council allow on the works permit: if letting the works start at 7am means they will be finished by end of play they would rather do that than carry the works over two days.

If the works are an emergency then there is no time embargo / noise restriction

Also depends on who the employers are Clancy Docwra are a major stats / civils sub contractor: if employed directly by the local council they can pretty much do what they like.

I suggest ear plugs
      Growing old is mandatory
      Growing up is optional

Comment

Sounds (literally) like the Government's infrastructure projects have started with a bang.

Don't you care about long-term youth unemployment?
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
          For standard works it depends on what the council allow on the works permit: if letting the works start at 7am means they will be finished by end of play they would rather do that than carry the works over two days.

If the works are an emergency then there is no time embargo / noise restriction

Also depends on who the employers are Clancy Docwra are a major stats / civils sub contractor: if employed directly by the local council they can pretty much do what they like.

I suggest ear plugs
          Could you do me a favour and spell out the phonetics of this Clancydocwra.

When I ring the city corporation to complain I wish to be able to pronounce the name correctly please.

Thanks

Joshi

Comment

When I ring the city corporation to complain I wish to be able to pronounce the name correctly please.

Thanks

Joshi
            Clancy - Doc (dock) Ra silent W

Comment

When I ring the city corporation to complain
              Prepare for a long wait on the phone only to get someone who’s disinterest will astound you, they will placate you with “of course we will look in to it” only for you to be forgotten once the phone call ends
              Growing old is mandatory
              Growing up is optional

Comment

Thanks

Joshi
                I looked it up. The boss is Mike Hunt.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  I looked it up. The boss is Mike Hunt.
                  Shame, although very amusing it would be better to call up and ask for Clancy or Norbert

Comment

Working...
                  X