• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Govt spend spend spend

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Govt spend spend spend

Unemployed teenagers to be handed jobs in £1bn taxpayer-funded work scheme | Mail Online

So much for "there is no plan b" and "cutting the public spend is our only priority"

Have we had a more useless govt?

Cut taxes FFS! Stop all immigration FFS! Slash the public spend to almost zero FFS!

Austerity and then some.

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Unemployed teenagers to be handed jobs in £1bn taxpayer-funded work scheme | Mail Online

So much for "there is no plan b" and "cutting the public spend is our only priority"

Cut taxes FFS! Stop all immigration FFS! Slash the public spend to almost zero FFS!

Austerity and then some.
    Matron!

Comment

Austerity and then some.
      Sure fire route to depression. FFS read some economics books about the Great Depression before spouting bollux here. My time is precious.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Maggie would have said "No. No, no, no!" and had interest rates up to 20% by now.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
          Maggie would have said "No. No, no, no!" and had interest rates up to 20% by now.
          Not with me on top of her she would'nt
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
            Not with me on top of her she would'nt
            The image that popped into my head was very disturbing
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Let me explain.

1. A £1bn govt run scheme will cost 10x that to manage. Hence straight away the govt is throwing away money.
              2. An employer will sack an older worker and then hire a younger one as it costs less. Now someone older is on the dole and claiming benefits in place of the NEET, net result, no overall gain.
              3. Every 12 months when the scheme ends, the NEET will be sacked and a new NEET hired under the scheme. Net result, no overall gain.

Instead ditch employers NI completely, making it cheaper to hire everyone.

Simple solution to raising employment levels.

Comment

That would fix the IR35 problem as well.

Now work out what it would cost

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/stats/tax_rec...o-analysis.pdf
                Last edited by doodab; 25 November 2011, 12:20.
                While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

No, cretins, the solution to too much debt over the last 10 years is much more debt. Much, much more debt. Is pays off all the other debt see? No way have I been swayed by all the self-serving political propaganda oozing out of Westminster in coming to this conclusion, morons.

Comment

Let me explain.

1. A £1bn govt run scheme will cost 10x that to manage. Hence straight away the govt is throwing away money.
                    2. An employer will sack an older worker and then hire a younger one as it costs less. Now someone older is on the dole and claiming benefits in place of the NEET, net result, no overall gain.
                    3. Every 12 months when the scheme ends, the NEET will be sacked and a new NEET hired under the scheme. Net result, no overall gain.

I am in need of a new FD DP - the job is yours!
                    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Working...
                    X