• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Geek Help Request

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Geek Help Request

OK something IT related this time: so what’s the easiest way to unlock a password protected document in Word 2010? (& no I don’t have the password)

Thanks for any sensible answers
    Growing old is mandatory
    Growing up is optional

The easiest way is to ask the person who protected the document what the password is.

HTH BIDI

The other solutions involve MI5 and their code cracking team.

Comment

Remove the Password

I've got a tool that does but I'll be buggered if I can remember the name.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Make a copy

open file as .rtf

or rename as filename.rtf and open with Wordpad
        Last edited by Paddy; 25 November 2011, 15:51.
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Ask ATW to use his SKA infrastructure to run some rainbow tables against it

swine wouldn't do it for me when I asked him, but as you're a girlie you may have some feminine ways to persuade the ruskie
          How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Is Word 2010 uncrackable (unlike earlier versions). If not, download one of those dodgy password cracking programs on to a safe machine and copy the word document to it and let that machine get infected with a trojan and have the document be corrupted and maybe get the password too.

Comment

Working...
            X