• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Vehicle inspections

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vehicle inspections

Trusty 16 year old 4x4 steed my be about to expire so looking for a replacement to :
    1. piss the greens off
    2. intimidate people in smaller vehicle
    3. keep going if it snows

I bought new 16 years ago and the depreciation was staggering but wtf its only money - this time am considering a slightly used vehicle and looking at something like this which is a 10k saving from new (every little helps) any way the site and others are a bit too far away to visit - what i need is a vehicle inspection to guarantee
    • mileage is genuine
    • not a damaged repaired
    • worth taking the trip oop North to see for myself

AA & RAC seem to just check things are working and have so many caveats in their reports to make them not worthwhile
    I'm looking at https://www.dekra-expert.co.uk/ as an alternative - but does anyone else have any recommendations?
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Originally posted by Troll View Post
    does anyone else have any recommendations?
    Buy it before the weather gets bad - they'll stick another grand on it when it snows.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

If you buy the car over the internet you are covered by the distance selling regulations. Which gives you rights to your cash back if you are unhappy.

On a separate note you should be able to walk into any shogun sales room and negociate a local car at a similar price. When we bought our discovery3 Mitsubishi were dumping 6 month old diamond edition shoguns at around 22k calling them ex manager cars. In the end we went for a older discovery 3 with the v8 petrol engine, because it was much smoother and refined at high speed.

Heard nothing but praise for the shoguns though, and I'm sure I will pay more to keep the disco going.

Comment

Trusty 16 year old 4x4 steed my be about to expire so looking for a replacement to :

make me feel less insecure about the tiny dimensions of my todger
        ftfy

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

1. piss the greens off
          2. intimidate people in smaller vehicle
          3. keep going if it snows

I bought new 16 years ago and the depreciation was staggering but wtf its only money - this time am considering a slightly used vehicle and looking at something like this which is a 10k saving from new (every little helps) any way the site and others are a bit too far away to visit - what i need is a vehicle inspection to guarantee
          • mileage is genuine
          • not a damaged repaired
          • worth taking the trip oop North to see for myself

AA & RAC seem to just check things are working and have so many caveats in their reports to make them not worthwhile
          I'm looking at https://www.dekra-expert.co.uk/ as an alternative - but does anyone else have any recommendations?
          In the case of a private sale it's caveat emptor but it seems the one you've linked to is being sold by a trader, in which case aren't they obliged to compensate you if it transpires the car is not as described?
          "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
            here is a picture of me and my family in our vehicle

figures...

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
              On a separate note you should be able to walk into any shogun sales room and negotiate a local car at a similar price. When we bought our discovery3 Mitsubishi were dumping 6 month old diamond edition shoguns at around 22k calling them ex manager cars. In the end we went for a older discovery 3 with the v8 petrol engine, because it was much smoother and refined at high speed.

Heard nothing but praise for the shoguns though, and I'm sure I will pay more to keep the disco going.
              Top tip - I'll look into it it & thanks -I like the discos but don't see the kind of longevity that I want - shogun has done 240k from new - but discos are definitely better tow and off road vehicles though

I guess you have deep pockets going for the V8

Comment

Working...
              X