• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

David Icke

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

David Icke

I see the Daily Mail stuck the boot in today Wacky conspiracy theorist David Icke cashes in from world tour and booming book business. Littlejohn had a pop at him in his column too.

Must be getting too warm - time for another hatchet job.

What I found shocking is that he's playing Wembley Arena next year. Anyone on here getting tickets to see him?

Some of what he says does strike a chord but I can't take him seriously when he goes on about all our bankers and politicians being shape shifting reptilians.

Then again, I saw this pic of the ubiquitous Louise Mensch:

Definitely something lizard like going on there.

Originally posted by wurzel View Post

Then again, I saw this pic of the ubiquitous Louise Mensch:

Definitely something lizard like going on there.
    I don't think it's that bad to be honest.

Nice pair of lips; I'd have no qualms about sliding me chopper between 'em

Don't know about her beam end though. Guess we need another pic!

Comment

Barking mad.

Comment

One notable prediction was that the world would end in 1997 following a series of devastating earthquakes and floods.

He was slightly off 1997 was the first coming of the 'grinning one' not the end of the world quite. Maybe that is coming soon?

obviously Barking mad but seems fairly harmless

And yes I would repeatedly :

Louise Mensch is right to make herself beautiful for her husband: only in Britain would anyone make a fuss – Telegraph Blogs
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

David Icke doing sell out tours shows there's plenty of muppets that confuse entertainment with watching the mentally ill. The same sort that were going to watch Charlie Sheen when he was off his head.

Do they go down to the care homes for a laugh when there's no official show to go to?

You can see how religion started if these people really do believe some or all of the bollocks Icke spouts.

I do wonder what happened to him to suddenly switch onto it like he did. Seems similar to a guy I know who once went off his nut on the way to work. Stopped his car on a roundabout and started pulling others out of their cars checking if they were good or evil. Apparently said to a few "you're alright, you're good, you can go", no idea if he found any that were 'evil'. The police turned up, dragged him to the nut ward, and he's been on suppressant drugs ever since (a good 4-5 years now), though he seems normal and just subdued whenever I've seen him down the pub. Maybe Icke should have been given similar treatment when he first appeared on Wogan, obviously something just switched in his brain.

Scary thought that in 2000 years we'll have two new churches: Church of Scientology and Church of Icke.

At least now we we can make proper historical records (assuming a massive sunburst doesn't wipe all the magnetic media ) so cretins like Icke and the Scientologists should be seen for what they are. Bonkers.
          Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
          Feist - I Feel It All
          Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Icke seems neither nutty or daft and for that reason I suspect he doesn't believe the giant lizard stuff either. Maybe, like Ron Hubbard, he knows how to make money from other people's desire to believe in nonsense. Good for him. No different to being a paid entertainer really, if he makes people happy he should get paid.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Why are so many people gathering to hear David Icke?

The man himself explains

Why Are So Many People Gathering to Hear David Icke? - David Icke Website

What can you expect to hear if you listen to David Icke? Everything!

He also empowers and motivates us to reclaim our personal freedom. You can be fearless in the midst of a seemingly cruel and crazy world. There is a method to the madness for all that's irrational today, although it comes from an artificial reality, keeping us from our own natural consciousness.
              His Wogan encounters were good too.
              Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post

You can see how religion started if these people really do believe some or all of the bollocks Icke spouts. .
                WHS - and taking advantage of people during a depression. Followers, I do dislike they way the lost are manipulate for what seems like sport.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Icke is branded crazy and nuts largely because of the lizards thing and the wogan experience, but if you listen to him he does go into detail about that wogan show and where he was at that time

conventionally we'd say he was suffering a breakdown he sees it slightly differently

whatever the truth is, it takes attention away from what the core point of this lectures, which essentially covers a power elite in this world determined to enslave the population for their own means

now this can & should be debated as there is plenty of evidence to support both sides of the argument, but it is exactly those points that should be debated not whether the messenger is a nutter or not

obviously Icke takes it further then most and starts tracking this "power elite" back through history and their interconnecting bloodlines which then go back into the ancient world and somewhere in there he connects it to stories of the Annunaki, now as fascinating as it maybe, for the vast majority of us this is a little ridiculous

but that shouldn't mean you ignore the observations made of how the current world is working and what the possible agenda could be

Comment

Originally posted by filthy1980 View Post
                    Icke is branded crazy and nuts largely because of the lizards thing and the wogan experience, but if you listen to him he does go into detail about that wogan show and where he was at that time

conventionally we'd say he was suffering a breakdown he sees it slightly differently

whatever the truth is, it takes attention away from what the core point of this lectures, which essentially covers a power elite in this world determined to enslave the population for their own means

now this can & should be debated as there is plenty of evidence to support both sides of the argument, but it is exactly those points that should be debated not whether the messenger is a nutter or not

obviously Icke takes it further then most and starts tracking this "power elite" back through history and their interconnecting bloodlines which then go back into the ancient world and somewhere in there he connects it to stories of the Annunaki, now as fascinating as it maybe, for the vast majority of us this is a little ridiculous

but that shouldn't mean you ignore the observations made of how the current world is working and what the possible agenda could be
                    He's a bit thick though. Most of us are related to historical figures, whether elites or not. Sure the elites gang together and do stuff, but you don't need to believe in alien lizards to believe that.

Perhaps he's trying to come to terms with his going mental and trying to find explanations, trying to grasp it, but as it's also paying the bills, why stop.

Comment

Working...
                    X