• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sainsbury's carrier bags

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sainsbury's carrier bags

are great. The ones that cost £1 that are made up of some made man fibre. They are small enough to stick unnoticed in a coat pocket and big enough to carry shed loads of stuff. Their older model was pretty good, but was smaller and the seams were in the middle of the handle which seemed a bit of a weak point. I tied a length of cord to mine at the carry handle so that I could sling it over my shoulder. But I thought I'd lost it (found it now) and bought their newer model. I had to strengthen the handles with a bit of sewing, but other than that seems even better than mark I. You can sling it over your shoulder as is, or, and this is the best bit, the handles are wide enough to slip an arm through and over the shoulder. So you can carry a shed load of shopping hands-free over your shoulder without having to make a sling. Boomed.

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    The ones that cost £1 that are made up of some made man fibre.
    Ewww.
    You won't be alerting anyone to anything with a mouthful of mixed seeds.

Comment

I can't believe I am reading about carrier bags on a Sunday night, how sad does it get?
      "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

Originally posted by Waldorf View Post
        I can't believe I am reading about carrier bags on a Sunday night, how sad does it get?
        Your ancestors would have given their right nut for high technology like a Sainsbury carrier bag. Heck, even the free plastic ones would have had them genuflecting on the floor.

Comment

+1
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

The woman in front of me in the queue at Tescos today dropped dead right in front of me.

She'd just bought a Bag for Life as well.....

Comment

Your ancestors would have given their right nut for high technology like a Sainsbury carrier bag. Heck, even the free plastic ones would have had them genuflecting on the floor.
              I had a free one that had me genuflecting in the car park. Bloody onions rolled all over the place

Comment

Sadly this effect is cancelled out by the technology of internet forums.
                "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

It gets kinda serious when you have to carry your cargo of booze safely from the checkout to the car and hence to the house.

Do you trust the freebies or the subsidised in-store efforts or bring your own?

A very worthy thread in my opinion.
                  Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
                    It gets kinda serious when you have to carry your cargo of booze safely from the checkout to the car and hence to the house.

Do you trust the freebies or the subsidised in-store efforts or bring your own?

A very worthy thread in my opinion.
                    Real contractors go to Costco and buy bulk
                    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Working...
                    X