• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

B*lkin support

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

B*lkin support

Sheesh.......I have just spent ages on the phone to B*lkin support and they drove me nuts!! F'ing nuts!!! To say they didn't understand English let alone the problem would be an understatement. Grrrr!! I couldn't have explained the problem any clearer and/or simpler. I am not an in-depth techie - I know the principles rather than the details so I was using plain language. It took the guy ages to solve a simple request!!

Aaarrrrghhhh!!!!!

Another victim of Belkin tech support. Still, that's about as good as it gets these days. I gave up completely on them after they couldn't diagnose a simple problem with my WLAN bridge which turned out to be faulty (well I took it back to PC World and complained and shouted until they accepted that it was faulty).

Try Draytek or Linksys next time if you want some half decent support.
    Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

Linksys every time for me.

I bought a belkin wireless pci card and drivers that came on the cd and from their website didn't work In the end I had to find out who made the chipset (railink i think) and download their drivers; now it works

I don't even bother calling tech support lines; if it's from a shop and I can get it to work then it goes back!

Comment

Originally posted by ~Craig~
        I don't even bother calling tech support lines; if it's from a shop and I can get it to work then it goes back!
        Same. I tend to buy stuff at John Lewis as they take stuff back without questions (even if I just decided that I didn't like it).

Comment

John Lewis?

Originally posted by TheMonkey
          Same. I tend to buy stuff at John Lewis as they take stuff back without questions (even if I just decided that I didn't like it).
          I think that buying your gear from John Lewis definately puts you within IR35.

If you were a proper business, you'd have a trade account with Misco, and a free Misco catalogue (+ Misco NETWORK Catalogue) popping through your letterbox almost every morning

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman
            I think that buying your gear from John Lewis definately puts you within IR35.

If you were a proper business, you'd have a trade account with Misco, and a free Misco catalogue (+ Misco NETWORK Catalogue) popping through your letterbox almost every morning
            I buy my OWN kit there. The company owns nowt as the clients provide equipment thanks to them not wanting a laptop connected to their networks.

Everything else goes on the company charge card from Office World.

Comment

I bought a wireless Linksys router in PC World a few weeks back and I had 3 girlies in the queue behind me all holding Belkin routers that the staff had recommended them to buy. I just thought "Oh dear".

The basic Belkin wireless router comes complete with a wireless USB card so I can understand why PC World suggest it but I would go for Linksys. I have a Belkin omni-port switch for my PCs and that is very good I have to say but then it is not complicated.

Comment

Working...
              X