• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Food poisoning

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Food poisoning

Got food poisoning from a newly opened carvery on Saturday night.

The sausages were luke warm, and the creamy cabbage was looking rather matured and just had some warmth in it, so I am suspecting the creamy cabbage as the culprit.

Obviously going to complain, especially as they offered me a cheesecake with mouldy fruit on the top, but changed when I rejected for a plain cheesecake with a quartered strawberry instead, not quite the fruits of the forest dessert I was expecting…..

Because of being so ill yesterday I spend most of the day in bed, could not sleep last night and have a really sore back as a consequence.

Has anyone complained to environmental health in the past, and how did you find the experience?

Once got food poisoning from the ClientCo canteen which was fee food too. Had a pork curry that caused me to get bad food poisoning resulting in 3 days off. Complained to Client Co canteen who replied "don't eat the food then".

You gotta ask yourself how did that cabbage get so creamy though

Comment

You can't tell where you got the FP from. Making allegations about a restaurant is a big step when you think that even if they are completely, scientifically provably untrue, you could be significantly hurting local business.
      An ex-neighbour was a publican and had this happen - a load of people got ill. It was eventually traced to a coach party who turned up already infected and passed some nasty bug around the pub.

"Warm sausages" doesn't imply poisoning. More likely your neighbours are to blame.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

WDS.

People always blame the last thing they ate. Very rarely the case. Bacteria that causes 'food poisoning' can lie dormant in your stomach for up to a week.

Having said that, if it's carvery style eating, i.e. food under heat lights and on hot plates, it should be maintained at 75 deg. If you allow cooked food to drop below that and leave it for any length of time, risks increase.

Any temperature between 5 deg and 75 deg will allow nasties to survive or develop.
        When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post

The sausages were luke warm, and the creamy cabbage was looking rather matured and just had some warmth in it, so I am suspecting the creamy cabbage as the culprit.

Obviously going to complain, especially as they offered me a cheesecake with mouldy fruit on the top, but changed when I rejected for a plain cheesecake with a quartered strawberry instead, not quite the fruits of the forest dessert I was expecting…..

Because of being so ill yesterday I spend most of the day in bed, could not sleep last night and have a really sore back as a consequence.

Has anyone complained to environmental health in the past, and how did you find the experience?
          Which begs the question "why did you eat it in the first place" surely if the food was at an unacceptable temperature you should have steared well clear

Comment

Least as a permie you can take time off sick, silver lining and all
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Boddington Arms by any chance? One of my old stomping grounds.
              Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
                Boddington Arms by any chance? One of my old stomping grounds.
                Yep, that is the place. I know Juan, the old landlord as he is a neighbour!

It went to a Thai place for a few years which was very nice but nobody went there, so they are trying out a carvery instead. Hope it works out for them, but they need to learn how not to ruin the good food if they are to have a chance - looks nice now, but give it a year and it will be rather chavtasic I fear....

Comment

A few years ago I had a bout of food poisoning that I was sure I got from an Indian restaurant. Tests confirmed campylobacter as the culprit and it had been exactly ten days from eating in the restaurant to the first symptoms appearing which strengthened the case.

I made a complaint to environmental health but needn't have bothered as they'd had over forty complaints around the same time period, the restaurant was closed down permanently.

Hard to prove unless corroborated by overwhelming evidence as above or serious fault found if an inspection occurs.

Two weeks of my life I wouldn't want to relive.
                  Me, me, me...

Comment

Yep, that is the place. I know Juan, the old landlord as he is a neighbour!

It went to a Thai place for a few years which was very nice but nobody went there, so they are trying out a carvery instead. Hope it works out for them, but they need to learn how not to ruin the good food if they are to have a chance - looks nice now, but give it a year and it will be rather chavtasic I fear....
                    Well, you will live in a sh!thole.

Comment

Working...
                    X