• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Factors for a new contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Factors for a new contract

Hi All,

Was interested in knowing what all consider to be important factors before jumping into/re-signing a contract.

Some points that i could come up are as below (in no specific order)

location - distance
    location - time
    Client Co.
    Lenght of Contract
    Direct?
    if in-direct then the degree of agent engagement (1,2,...)
    Agent co.?
    Payment terms

Any others?

TIA

Money
    Money
    Money
    Money
    Money
    Money
    Money
    Abundance of office totty
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Mine

Blue Chip client
      Money
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        Money
        Money
        Money
        Money
        Money
        Money
        Money
        Abundance of office totty
        You schlaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag!!!
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          You schlaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag!!!
          Your point?!

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Low Bob integration ratio
            It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Details of the role is the most important thing - if it's something that will bore me to tears, or I'm not interested in, then I'm highly unlikely to take the role.

Then rate and location combined - there has to be a balance between the two.

So, the Glasgow-based DBA roles on £200 a day that I keep getting sent aren't likely to tempt me, to be honest.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Ok serious answer, money is the deciding factor, if that is right then all the other factors can be dealt with, I would like to say location is the most important to me, however there are very few contracts in the South West so realistically this never comes into consideration, I am happy to work anywhere, I use that as my USP.

Client wise I am not fussed about "Blue Chip" or the like, also not fussed concious wise about what a company does, if I don't do it someone else will. Agent wise, again not really looked into it, its a gamble with respect to payment terms or them going under, but its also a gamble in our line of work that ClientCo doesn't come in on a Monday morning and lay off 50% of the contractors.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                  Details of the role is the most important thing - if it's something that will bore me to tears, or I'm not interested in, then I'm highly unlikely to take the role.

Then rate and location combined - there has to be a balance between the two.

So, the Glasgow-based DBA roles on £200 a day that I keep getting sent aren't likely to tempt me, to be honest.
                  You could live like a king in Glasgow for that money though

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                    Your point?!
                    Erm....
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X