• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nearly bought it

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nearly bought it

On the way in this morning.

Slow truck ahead with 6 cars between me and it.

Nobody attempting to overtake even though there are opportunities.

So, shifted down a couple of gears and overtook 3 cars before I had to get in again.

Then the I overtook put his foot down and closed the gap leaving me in the face of oncoming traffic.

Slammed on the anchors and ended up getting back in where I started. At the back.

What are the opinions of our driving experts on this incident?

Originally posted by pacharan View Post
    Then the I overtook put his foot down and closed the gap leaving me in the face of oncoming traffic.
    He probably knew who you are, and hoped you'd die horribly.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I hate it when drivers do this and when it is deliberate. Can easily cause a nasty accident. Having said that, I myself have done it a few times to teach some assh*le a lesson.
      Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

So, shifted down a couple of gears and overtook 3 cars before I had to get in again.

Slammed on the anchors and ended up getting back in where I started. At the back.

I would have gone into the side of him rather than have a head on but it helps if you have a 4x4
        Also Highway Code says leave a gap sufficient for a car overtaking to cut in
        How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
          I hate it when drivers do this and when it is deliberate. Can easily cause a nasty accident. Having said that, I myself have done it a few times to teach some assh*le a lesson.
          What is the lesson you would be teaching?
          How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

In summary, you tried, you chickened out, and you failed?!

Lesson Learnt: Must try harder last time, we expect nothing less than death or glory!
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Have patience, relax, enjoy the scenery. It's not a race, drive safely.
              It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Either get a faster car so you could have taken all the cars and the truck, or learn to chillout and let the numpties go and kill themselves in head on collisions.

Though you also need to protect yourself as best you can against said numpty colliding with you head on. For that reason I try to avoid:

a. the front of a convoy when on a fast A road where idiots are likely to be on your side of the road

b. the back of a slow convoy (e.g. held up by a tractor or truck) where idiots are likely to be racing around a blind bend you've just gone around.

c. overtaking a long line of cars when it's likely one of them may also decide to pull out to overtake without checking if anyone's already tearing up alongside.
                Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                Feist - I Feel It All
                Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

You were both driving BMWs

Comment

I would have forced him off the road, he is trying to kill you so return the favour. Then claim his (or his next of kin's) insurance for obstruction. If you haven't got the bottle to do this, then stay at the back and wait for a easier opportunity.

Comment

Working...
                    X